Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Waihe'e Kanikapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  05:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Ivan! I've only spoken to Ivan over the phone briefly when he was in NJ. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to meet up with him. Hoping to though someday!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  07:41:50 AM  Show Profile
Ivan's playing blew me away... amazing. Howz it Ivan! Come back to Waihe'e soon.
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  07:44:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh and here's the link to IslandBoo's pix. Aloha Deb! Great seeing you!

Duke

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91395419 @ N00/
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  07:46:10 AM  Show Profile
Well, I thought I was being smart by cutting and pasting the link to your photos. It did the same thing, put spaces in. Just take them out.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  07:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by islandboo

(the link requires the whole line including @ N00 (with no spaces) - I'm not sure why I can't make it show that way in this post. Any ideas, Andy?)
Sorry folks. In order to protect people's emails that get posted in the forums, I have the forum set to add a space before and after the @ sign. I tried figuring out a way around it since Debbie's link is valid but I couldn't do it.

I figure SPAMMERs harvesting emails from here is the greater evil. Sorry, I don't have a solution but to say just remove the spaces manually.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

shakabrah
Aloha

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  08:30:55 AM  Show Profile
Aloha you all YEHHA

First of all I wanted to Thank Kevin for inviting me to that special Jam session so much talented slack key player and ukulele players, I wanted to Thank Sarah,Geri,Sheldon,Brahda Duke,Reid,Peter and Especially Uncle SOL. I want say Howzit to Andy and Don and LONG TIME NO SEE. Please forgive me if I forgot the rest of your names but first time so I have an excuse (nah joking) you’re all in my heart too. Sorry for getting there on Hawaiian time, but I love every minute of it. I am very honor to play with you guys sound so ONO (good) and I will always be looking forward for the next Jams Sessions

ALOHA and KEEP ON PICKING
Ivan
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  09:37:27 AM  Show Profile

Welcome to The Patch e Shakabrah!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  10:05:34 AM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou!

The jams on Feb 4 and Feb 18 at Waihe'e were some of the most fun kanikapila ever! Mahalo to Kevin, for his leadership and teaching and wonderful self (thanks Kevin, for taking time to clue me in on all the chords!), and to all the others who came...

Geri Valdriz (dynamite steel player and all round musician!)
Sheldon (who can play upright bass and 'ukulele at the same time ;-)
special guest Atta Damasco (who will be selling some more cds at this rate)
Kitty and David (who made it possible for us to be there)
Keith, Suzy, Mark, Duke, Debbie, Dan, Frank, Julie...and e kala mai ia'u for the few I didn't get the names of...who joined in on the fun.
At the second kanikapila we were graced with the additional presence of Uncle Sol (he contributed some slack key blues tunes!), Pekelo Cosmo (treated us to steel and his classic vocals), Ivan (welcome to TP.net, Ivan!), Hal, and Jared!

Reid is right, it sounded more like a band than ever - so together - no doubt because half the musicians there were pros :-) Geri's steel and Sheldon's bass really brought the sound all together just as in a real band, and when Geri took one with the steel or guitar, and Sheldon with his 'ukulele, the music went to another plane. Atta wowed us with his soaring falsetto and his so understated kolohe hula, as well as his 'uke playing. Ivan made folks' eyes bug out with his dynamic slack key style - how does he find all those notes? Jared is learning slack key, but on his 'ukulele he's already on his way to coming out a winner with his own style (thanks for all the tips, Jared!).

Kevin, Sheldon, Geri, Atta, Pekelo.. they all just traded off instruments like there was no tomorrow, and showed the rest of us how all-round talented they each are. (And, of course, they all sang, too.)

Mahalo and aloha to everyone - and thanks for sharing all the music and for the special memories we bring home with us.

Aloha no,
Sarah

Edited by - Sarah on 02/24/2006 11:39:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  10:12:51 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Kitty and Debbie, thanks for the fun photos! We have some, also, that Reid and I took, which we'll try to post some time soon.

Aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  9:58:01 PM  Show Profile
Perhaps few people noticed, but sitting back enjoying the whole music scene was Dan's friend John Vasconcellos. John was a California State Legislator for 38 years, representing the Santa Clara (Silicon Valley) area. I have heard of his endeavors for years, and suddenly he was there. What a privilege to meet a man who has done so much for us. I can't thank him enough.

Boy, I'm having trouble getting to Boo's pictures. Wahh!

Julie

Edited by - Julie H on 02/24/2006 10:01:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  5:22:44 PM  Show Profile
To all that came to Maui, before going to the AMC, I'd just like to say, how very special it was having you take the time to come to waihee and share your music with us. It's special when those from far away come together with the waihee slackers, sit and exchange storys, music, hula, food, and feel the warmth of aloha that flows through each of us, and when the kilioopu wind blows, theres that magic in the air that humbles everyone and peace falls upon waihee and the sweet sound of ki ho'alu rings through the valley. The papaya trees, plum tree, banana tree, lantern ilima, torch ginger, and the old green hale makes the surrounding of waihee.....Waihee!

It could be that, many years ago on her visit to maui a little girl attended sunday school and walked the grounds that we play on today. Her name was Lydia Paki Kamakaeha, also known as......Liliuokalani.

Me Ke Aloha
Kevin, everyone is welcome to join us on saturdays.

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  6:03:06 PM  Show Profile
Eh, bruddah Kev--

You're giving me chicken skin! Those were some great sessions with all the visitors! I hope it's okay if I say on behalf of all of us "regulars" who live here: The aloha you all have for the Hawaiian culture and especially the beautiful music we all have in common, really reminds those of us who are lucky to live here how truly blessed we are and especially blessed for knowing all of you. Until we meet again...

Duke
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  6:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
kevin and all,

we were so lucky to land in waihe`e for the first kanikapila. all the maui folks embody the idea of ho`okipa.

a hui hou,
keith
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  7:16:10 PM  Show Profile
Keith, I kept hoping you and Suzy would decide to join us for AMC at the last minute. I was looking for you on the ferry to Moloka'i. You would have fit in so well, especially since you know more songs than I do, you could have done wonders for the Kampfire Kani Kapila! Next time???
Love and hugs, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  8:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

[quote]Originally posted by islandboo

(the link requires the whole line including @ N00 (with no spaces) - I'm not sure why I can't make it show that way in this post. Any ideas, Andy?)
I think this with the issue with flickr links has been solved. Just make sure that there is a / at the end of the url.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000