Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Anything going on 4/24-4/26 San Fran/San Jose?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  07:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
It seems you all on the west coast have so many kanikapilas and concerts all the time that I have a tough time keeping track. I may be out for a conference the last week of April.

I'm just checking airfares to see if this is even possible. Might be not likely mid-week, but any fun activities going on?

Andy

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  08:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
Andy, up in the SF Bay Area the last Thursday of every month is when the "Kani at Nani's" takes place. Unfortunately it looks like you'll miss it by a day since the next scheduled kanikapila is for Thursday, April 27th. In addition, you'll also miss the Northern California Ukulele Festival on Sunday, April 30th...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"

Edited by - ArtSap on 04/10/2006 09:00:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  09:47:31 AM  Show Profile
To add to ArtSap's missed events...

The new Hawaiian Open Mic is on the Second Tuesday of the Month near Santa Clara University so you'll miss it.

The Vacaville Kanikapila is the Sunday before that (as far as I can tell) so you will miss that too!

Too bad we don't space these things out more evenly throughout the month. Maybe that will eventually happen.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  10:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks guys. This whole thing is tentative. What time does the kanikapila at Nani's take place?

I might take the redeye back Thurs night but flying out of San Jose may be pushing it.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

rodv18
Aloha

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  10:17:42 AM  Show Profile
brah...kani at nani's start around 6:30pm - 9:30ish...no worry..its only 30mins down south on FWY880 to SJC Airport...gettem...k-den
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  11:27:33 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Andy,

Like the last time you came in, I'm sure we can figure out something. Keep us informed.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  05:07:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
The Great Las Vegas Kanikapila is 4/22. Come on by. San Jose, Oakland and San Francisco only 45 min flight from here, and they go every hour.

Edited by - Ianui on 04/11/2006 05:11:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  05:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ianui

The Great Las Vegas Kanikapila is 4/22. Come on by. San Jose, Oakland and San Francisco only 45 min flight from here, and they go every hour.
Hi Don,

I would love to but it's not going to work out. I'll already be jumping from one plane to another to head out to San Jose. Hopefully, I can make it out to Nevada another time.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  2:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha e Anday,
You all are always welcome here in La Honda. If you come, we will build it.... or something li'dat. Find our doorbell and jus' press....

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  2:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
An fuddahmo',
I forgot-- I (and my ohana band-- Melinda-vocals, uke, percussion, Aidan- guitar,vocals, uke, Kerry- guitar, vocals, uke, freind Larry- stand-up bass, freind Will- dobro, friend Audra- percussion) will be playing a concert for children and their families on Saturday, April 29th at the Unity Church hall in Palo Alto from 4:30 to 6. DO come by!!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2006 :  09:22:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Andy,
Friday evening I will be doing my gig at El Calderon in Mt. View - Latin stuff in open tuning and often a slack key feeling - when slackers come in I usually do a few Hawaiian numbers, too. Very good homestyle food and cheap prices. Come over an I'll buy you a drink. El Calderon is at Calderon & Church streets in Mt. View. I play between 6 and 8 PM, give or take.
PS If you want to get together at other time, drop me a line. I think I'm pretty flexible that week.
Raymond Stovich
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000