Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 What in your gear bag?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  4:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
A friend who hosts karaoke at local bars swears by hot tea with lemon, but no sugar, for soothing vocal chords, but I've never tried it.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  1:43:44 PM  Show Profile
Tuner, couple of thumb picks, plastic and metal finger picks, (all picks for the National), about 1/2 pound of dried plumeria blossoms I kiped from a tree in Molokai....(when dried for a couple of months, you can light em like incense....you get a momentary whisp of fragrance as the essential oil remaining in the flower burns..good for those long rainy Santa Cruz winters)
Couple of packages of strings, lots of loose strings in envelopes, couple of soft rags, some Honey oil for the fretboard, FastFret, some koa shavings from the uke I made (I like the smell of the wood), and something unidentified....perhaps something I was eating once and thought it a good idea to put in the bag.
It's basically a mess.........I like it that way. It's actually a guitar case, 'cause I'm too lazy to have a seperate 'gig bag'. If it don't fit, then I don't need it.

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  12:09:56 PM  Show Profile
I am smiling about a funny comment RJS made. It would be a pitty to remember everything and then forget to bring yourself :)

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  12:31:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
nail flie, tuner, string winder, extra strings, some finger picks (why i don;t know, havent used them since 1978), slide (sorry, i can;'t get away from the blues and slide instrumetnals by Kottke, Reid, Dowling, Fahey and Miller), strap, amp cord or Dan markley sound hole pickup, depending on which guitar we are talking about, capo, some kind of humidifier that i rarely use, ususally a gardfather. All that fits in the neck block section and/or under the headstock
when i do little gigs i take along a Paraacousitc DI (Baggs), extra cords, Crate Acoustic amp
Jesse,
the hot lemon with tea and a generous dollop of honey was my grandmother's sure-fire remedy for a sore throat. If nothing else, it tastes great!

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  4:36:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Oh, and an extra pair of reading glasses!

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  3:29:00 PM  Show Profile
A flashlight or penlight, for those dark corners or dim controls.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  3:37:05 PM  Show Profile
Guitar

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  4:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
Tuner, xtra strings,clean socks, tuna fish sandwich, and one of those little airline bottles of booze.

Lee
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  04:13:14 AM  Show Profile
Everyone pretty much has it nailed. I also bring a mandolin stand and an extra 6ft extension chord. I don't sing Hawai'ian tunes, I have trouble even with English. The tang gets tongueled.
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  10:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Here's my 2 cents. Some emergency money just in case you forget your wallet, a book of matches (you would'nt believe how many people seem to need fire), several list of songs and a some identification...I keep a copy of my passport in my guitar case, huh?
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  5:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi,
Half that stuff sounds like what should be in your purse.....
warning: make sure nail clippers and extra battery are physically separated... The clippers get really hot when they complete the battery circuit. (experience) Also - I have clothes pins in there and share a lot. And some of those gig bags must be huge!!
aloha!
n
PS: when you host a kanikapila have a big area designated for that stuff...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000