Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Gnu knee
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  09:05:52 AM  Show Profile
Karl,
What kine animals you work on up there? Polar Bear/grizzly cross breeds or mostly sled dogs and family pets? Ever give a "gnu gnee" to a Gnu?

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Bd1
Lokahi

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  4:19:25 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Karl,Down here in lorida there is a swamp boat called a "Gheenue" Any connection? A hui hou. Bd1 (Doug)

BD1
Go to Top of Page

Bd1
Lokahi

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  4:20:19 PM  Show Profile
F.............lorida

BD1
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  08:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Bd1,
Oh, you mean F...lorida! Oppisite corner from me. I have an idea a Gheenue is an airboat. If thatt is so, yeah, we have some of those monsters here as well...I'd rather not talk about them, nothing good to say, sorry:) no hjard feelings if you have one

Mika'ele,
polar bears, moose, the occassional wolf or caribou. Once in a while a poodle.
Geez, i come to alaska and find the same pets as anywhere else down south. Used to do a bunch of horses and cattle, but now do only small animals, dogs, cats, the occassional pocket pet (hamster, G.P., etc.). No gnus. Did save a moose from drowning once...it fell thru a hole in the ice in about 6 feet of water, could just keep its head and front feet out of the hole but could not get out. I got a rope around its neck and one front foot and a couple of us yanked the little guy out (yearling calf, weighed about 7-800 pounds) I think he made it OK, even though it was -25 out, saw them both a few days later, out crossing the creek again!

I originally poated this at 3 weeks out, now it is seven weeks. Anyone contemplating a total knee replacement out there? My advice is, get it done, sooner rather than later. Haven't gotten all the strength back in the leg yet, but there is no pain, and stairs are now a breeze, and i expect to get back playing handball soon. I can honestly say i will look foreqwrd to having the other one done in a year or two, once i get full capabilities back in this one and can save up the time off to have it done.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Bd1
Lokahi

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  2:49:24 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Karl,The Gheenue is not a airboat,typically a small outboard or one of those Bayou Kickers. Ugly tho................. I share your dislike of airboats too.

BD1
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  3:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
E, Karl,
First of all--aloha nui loa. Hope you really accept your new knee (try Hanalei Bay for "physical therapy"). Where you stay?? My son is up deah fishin' for salmon (maybe cod and halibut afters), and you both might really like to connect. So, where you stay?? (My son Aidan is a musician, may smell like fish, but can cook, has an open heart and knows no bounds-- I plannned it that way).

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  5:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Bwop,
My plans incluided 2 weeks r&r in Hawaii aftedr the surgery, but my wife reined me in so we stuck close to the doc in Seattle instead. For the second knee, though, I am picking the recovery site...6 weeks in Hawaii sounds good to me!
I live near fairbanks, outside the little burg of North Pole. If your sohnis fishing for cod and halibut, he is of necessity nearer the coast. I was jsut in Homer, south of Anchorage, 10 days ago for halibut and salmon. If he has the time and energy to come up, I will be happy to show him some greeat grayling fishing....fly fishing at its most rewarding.
If he smells like fish, thye dogs will love him. My wife is a great cook, mebbe he and she can share some ideas and i get to test them out...yummm.
phone 907-488-2335

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  06:59:10 AM  Show Profile
Eh, Karl! Has the "nu ni" aided your FM reception, or did it help with satellite? Been jamming down here, Seattle side. Let us guys know when you get down here again.
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  08:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Kory
I sure get the stink eye when i go thru the metal detectors at the airport. They inspect every part of me these days...so far that's the only drawback

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  03:26:26 AM  Show Profile
I Know what you mean. 6 years ago I broke my right ankle in 4 places (after years on ladders, I tripped in a flower bed), so I have 2 plates, 3 pins, and 6 screws (but no partridge in a pear tree). I also have a permanent starboard list, so I carry the guitar on my left. Airport security, ya gotta love it. I bet Bob Brozman gets it for his Naational guitars!
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  11:07:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Yeah, "Hey!!! What's inside them metal boxes yer carryin there?!?!?" "Go sit on that bench marked 'Group W' "

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2006 :  08:36:11 AM  Show Profile
... why do I hear banjo music ???? Shasta in two weeks, Ranier in October. WAAA-HOOOOO
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  4:55:45 PM  Show Profile
Ranier in October? EXPECT SNOW.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  1:35:09 PM  Show Profile
... piece of cake.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  6:24:48 PM  Show Profile
I played buttonbox with my buddy, Vinny (Chemnitzer, German concertina) up at Paradise on Rainier a couple years ago. Folks said it sounded like Minnesota and Wisconsin, you know, da old country. Don't fall off.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000