Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Longest uninterrupted solo guitar performance
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  07:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
It's not pretty at this point (42+ hours of continuous playing) but check it out. Endurance, 600 songs, 15 minute break every 8 hours... wow.

http://seejefbreaktherecord.com/player/launchplayer.asp

Andy

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  3:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
That's nothing. I've played the only slack key song I know for 4 years. My wife believes it to be continuous.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  6:43:51 PM  Show Profile
Aren't folks s'posed to use i-pods for stuff like that? Coherence fades, drool stains harden, friends drift off to remain forever on the edges.
Life is downhill after, the memory garbled from lack of sleep. When a video of the event is shown, embarrassment takes over as mistakes percieved multiply. Just 'cuz it's there don't mean you have to climb it.
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  3:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage
Mahalo, Ianui for that post. I'm reading it at 5:30 at work while all of our employees are still here. My wife is also in the office. I read the post to all and got a howl of laughter. My wife can certainly relate. Even though I have a few more than one song in the repertoire, she listens to my incessant playing and I'm not sure she cares that there is a difference!

A hui hou

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000