Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Keali`i Blaisdell & Steven Espaniola CA, Tour!!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kealiiblaisdell
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  7:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit kealiiblaisdell's Homepage  Click to see kealiiblaisdell's MSN Messenger address
Aloha kakou!!!

I have just returned from an awesome Concert that we did in Santa Cruz, CA @ the attic...it was awesome!!!! Featured was Darlene Ahuna, Steven Espaniola, Hunawai, Dave Nye & myself.... Man the Aloha spirit is awesome in California. So, we are going to announce a California Tour featuring Keali`i Blaisdell, Steven Espaniola, Hunawai and Special guests....we are still in the process of dates and times, but I promise you we will kepp you posted!!!!

Mahalo!
Keali`i Blaisdell

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  06:40:59 AM  Show Profile
Don't forget to come to SoCal!!
I was so happy to be up north to be able to enjoy the day with y'all!!
For those of you who aren't familiar, Keali'i has chosen to write almost all of the music he performs. It is in the Hawaiian tradition, talking story of various parts of life. And I got to meet Steve Espaniola who has been a frequent poster here in taropatch. The performances were just excellent. Dave's music is beautiful - but the last we had heard, the show started at 12:00. Not only did we not get to hear his whole set, but we (i helped Julie) sort of took away from it while decorating the stage. So so sorry, Dave!!!
Can't wait for this music to come south!!!
n
Go to Top of Page

deancruzin
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  6:20:35 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Keali`i,

I was at the Santa Cruz concert you described. What a magical event. To say that I was transported to the islands doesn't describe it fully.

We have here in S.C. a community whose deepest needs and yearnings are being defined and satisfied by the mele, oli, and hula of Hawai`i. When people like you, Darlene Ahuna,
Stephen Espaniola (he's kinda like "on loan" to California) with local groups like Huna Wai and Slack Key Dog (David Nye) come together with BOTH of the amazing Hula halaos of this area to celebrate the end of summer, we feel so blessed. In addition we were able to hear the sweet sounds of the Aloha Island Grille Senrenaders who shared four traditional ukulele songs.

I have to thank Timmy from The Aloha Island Grille for putting this all together. He has invested so much time, mana and money to spread the aloha here in S.C. His success certainly shows.

We are all awaiting your hana hou, Keali`i. Come back soon.

Aloha Pumehana, Bruddah Bill

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000