Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Nylon String Guitar- Guitar Center San Jose
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  3:38:23 PM  Show Profile
For anyone interested, I played a Cordoba, All Koa, nylon string guitar at Guitar Center in San jose. It has built-in B-Band electronics. It sounded good acoustically and plugged in. With a slight set-up and high tension strings, it could be an awesome guitar for one of our TPers. It was marked down from $1600 to $900. I'll bet you could do even better.

I'm not associated with GC in any way.

Kawiks

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  5:10:29 PM  Show Profile
That guitar got some very good reviews. If I were looking, it would definitely be worth the trip to check it out.
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  07:30:20 AM  Show Profile
Been away for a few weeks.

Dammit Dave. I'd almost got rid of the G.A.S., paid off the credit cards, was generally conducting myself in a responsible manner.

Now however, I'm just gonna swing by Guitar Center (the one on Stevens Creek, right?) and see maybe if that baby's still hanging on the wall.

I'm only half kidding when I say that I hope it's gone.

Cheers!
Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  04:48:57 AM  Show Profile
Piff,

Yeah, the one on Stevens Creek. I was in there last week and they had it for $800. I also found that it can be purchased for that price thru Musicians Friend also

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Cordoba-Koa-Cutaway-Classical-AE-Guitar?sku=512782&src=3SOSWXXA

Good to hear from you,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  11:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage
Aloha Kakou

Any other TPers play the Cordoba and have any more reviews? It definitely has my interest piqued, and I pretty much have my wife convinced that another guitar would be a sound investment (heh, heh), but my nearest guitar shop doesn't have them. No big box music stores in NE California. The Musician friend site could work well and their return policy would work.

Dave, what kind of set-up would you recommend?

Mahalo!

Jeff

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000