Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Cheap cassette recorder
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OHIO-HAOLE
Akahai

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  4:02:31 PM  Show Profile
Aloha all...anyone out there know of a cheap cassette recorder that if in a bar or so and recording 2-3 musicians on hi-bias tape would be tolerable to listen to on playback?...$100 or less?..Ken.

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  09:16:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Hi Ken,
Most recording buffs here are digital, but cassettes still work for informal recording. The part most people forget is the quality of the microphone, which, on a portable cassette recorder, is usually only good enough for voice recording. If you're going for something low-end, you can get a digital voice recorder for $30-$50 (many from Olympus) that will do the same then, plus they will download via USB to your computer to burn a CD if you want. I found a deal on an iRiver, a portable mp3 player that also records via built-in mic, which might do what you want.
The background noise in a bar is usually pretty obnoxious and you will want to mic yourselves as tightly as possible, perhaps even shielding the recorder from the rest of the bar with a box or funnel.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

OHIO-HAOLE
Akahai

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  4:27:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jesse...Thanks for the input...did some research and ended up with the OLYMPUS DS-2 DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER.
Played some guitar and sang sitting in my room...WOW!..great sounding playback with the headphones!...Can't wait to try the stereo mode..plug it into the PC and even burn CD's.etc..etc.. a lot of bang for the buck!...mahalo again!...Ken.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000