Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 music by members
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie
Aloha

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  5:54:28 PM  Show Profile
I'm kinda new and every day I discover something at the patch. Tonight I went to "Listen to Taropatch.net members" link and I'm impressed! Are these guys for real? They're not pros, right? The music I've been listening to is just awesome! Can I burn some of the music? Do I need permission? Good grief, there's enough slack key for me to make a ton of CD's.
The patch is getting better every day.
Thank you all you talented musicians!
Eddie

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  6:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Hi Eddie,
If you were listening to the Soundclick page, the songs there were uploaded either with permission of the composer, or with the knowledge of the player if the song was original or in the public domain. Not all songs can be downloaded if the rights holder asked that it only be streamed. Otherwise, they're there (for listening) for you and others who like slack key.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Eddie
Aloha

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  4:20:23 PM  Show Profile
Jesse, I did not read the small print at the very bottom of the page. Here is what it says:

"All material on this site is protected by copyright law and by international treaties. You may download this material and make a reasonable number of copies of this material only for your own personal use. You may not otherwise reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or create derivative works of this material, unless authorized by the appropriate copyright owner(s)."

Well, I'm ok with that as any copies will be for me and me only.
Eddie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000