Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Fellowship award to Uncle Dennis Kamakahi
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  08:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
GRANTS AND PROGRAMS
HSFCA 2006 Awards Program Honors Individuals for Achieving Excellence in the Arts in Hawai‘i

The HSFCA 2006 Awards Program was held at Washington Place on October 27th. The special ceremony honored the recipients who were recognized for their achievements of excellence in the arts in Hawai‘i. The event began as Lt. Governor James “Duke” Aiona, Jr. and HSFCA Chairperson Gae Bergquist Trommald welcomed guests and gave introductory comments. Kirk Matthews, morning news anchor at KHON TV, served as emcee for the ceremony.

The following awards were presented:

* Governor’s Award for Distinguished Achievement in Culture, Arts and Humanities – John Hara, FAIA
* Hawai‘i Award for Literature for 2004 – Y York
* Hawai‘i Award for Literature for 2005 – Juliet Kono
* Individual Artist Fellowship in Visual Arts – Wayne Levin and Yida Wang
* Individual Artist Fellowship in Performing Arts – Dennis D.K. Kamakahi and Yukie P. Shiroma

The Governor’s Award for Distinguished Achievement in Culture, Arts and Humanities is the state’s highest honor bestowed to an individual who has made significant outstanding lifetime contributions to Hawai‘i in areas of culture, arts and humanities. The Hawai‘i Award for Literature is the highest recognition that the State of Hawai‘i confers in the field of literary arts. The Individual Artist Fellowship recognizes artistic excellence of individual artists in the visual and performing arts.

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  08:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Congrats to Uncle Dennis! I have a photo that I would like to post but am waiting to get an okay...

Andy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  4:24:15 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to Uncle Dennis. Such a beautiful, poetic soul. Some of the songs he wrote when young, amaze me at the depth of emotional maturity. I am awestruck!

Hanohano Kenika.

Wanda
Cleveland, IH

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  05:19:56 AM  Show Profile
For a "Lifetime" award, Dennis Kamakahi is "young", barely in his fifties. Still plenny more potential!
It shows what "aloha" in motion can do. Congratulations!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  04:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Here's a photo posted with the permission of Uncle Dennis and Lopaka (Hawaiian Sol Clothing Company).

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000