Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 SLACK KEY KAUAI STYLE
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  3:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
Howzit Ohana!,

LT Smooth and myself will be at the Kauai Hilton come Sunday November 19, 2006. We opened up the Kona Slack Key Festival this past Labor Day Weekend and was in Milton Lau's recording studio two weeks later. We did some 'unreal, unheard of' slack key stuff. We just finished the rough mix of my "Slack Key Unlimited" cd project which will feature brand new slack key compositions with a few traditional kihoalu numbers and the wizard from New Zealand Leon Tomata (LT Smooth). If you are in Kauai Saturday November 18, you can catch LT & myself at 6pm Coconut Grove Shopping Mall doing stuff from our album as we help Milton promote the concert on Kauai.

See you all soon!

donkaulia

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  11:12:21 AM  Show Profile
Don,
I see your website is still http://www.kaulia.com/:
Under Construction

Does LT have any sample of his music on line we can listen to? I happen to be in New Jersey at the moment. (I usually understand LT to be short for Lieutenant, but that shows my military mind at work -- whaoa dude, hold on there)

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  4:27:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
Howzit,
LT stands for his initials Leon Toomata. We call him LT Smooth because his guitar stylings is out of this world. He has that touch of tone that is awesome.
Sorry 'bout my website; I put it on hold until my cd is complete. I had a hacker investigated for the last 6 months. We are trying to catch this person.
Anyhow, log onto: http://www.buddyblaze.com
I'll get my website up and running by the New Year.

Thanks, Don

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  10:16:00 AM  Show Profile
One slight correction...confirmed with Milton Lau when I interviewed him on-air this morning:

Slack Key Festival multi-artist pre-show
Saturday Nov 18 6pm
Kukui Grove Shopping Center, Lihu`e

Anden...

Kaua`i Slack Key Festival
Sunday, November 19
noon to 6pm
Hilton Kaua`i Beach Resort, Niumalu
(turn right out of airport; hotel is first on left side)
craft vendors, food, Festival t-shirts, CDs for purchase
FREE

Every slack key festival is great -- but Kaua`i holds this one indoors (yay!), so weather never is a factor. See ya there!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  3:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
Thanks Auntie Maria for the correction. It's been a while since I last performed at the Kauai Marriott in 2002. Hope to see Koko Kanealii and my Uncle Kalani Flores. Koko used to drum for me back in the Rib & Tail Days in the 1980's.
See ya soon!

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  9:34:56 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Don:

Auwe. Wish I could be there for your Kauai performance. And can hardly wait for the CD with you and LT. He's awesome, like yerself. See you in June....Auntie Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  6:22:04 PM  Show Profile
Belated mahalo nui loa to you, Don -- we loved the Kona coffee!

Great Ki Ho`alu Festival, as always. 6+ hours of beautiful Hawaiian music, from wonderful island musicians. Now if only we could spend _every_ Sunday afternoon that way!

Danny Carvalho rocked!! Standing ovation -- and Kaua`i is _still_ buzzing about this talented, humble young man. Can't wait to see the DVD Milton Lau is producing, featuring footage from assorted past slack key festivals. Release is "sometime next year".

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000