Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Forum Members and Light Bulbs
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  11:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
Consortium for energy efficiency? CFL's? Kilowatts? Megawatts? CO2?...is there a Podagee joke in there somewhere? You know that if you want us to "get it", the joke that is, we need to understand it. These are waaaaay over my head. I did find myself laughing however. I know, you guys are invaders from some science forum....right?

Com'on guys, is there nobody here with a sense of humor?

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  11:51:44 AM  Show Profile

"Come on don't you know that the FLUX-CAPACITOR needs to be traveling at 88 mph (140.8 km/h), and requires 1.21 gigawatts (jig-ah-watts) of power !!"

...Doc Emmett Brown, November 5, 1955

(but what happens if it is a little slack?)

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  12:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence

Then you are totally fluxed.
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  12:30:41 PM  Show Profile

T A A... D A A!...

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 12/22/2006 12:31:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  4:19:16 PM  Show Profile
The big culprits are the termites, but you can't reason with them. They might cast their appetites towards guitars, horrors.
Humanity has always wrestled with technology. A servant of humanity almost always winds up being the master with more and more demands.
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  5:12:49 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Karl Monetti

Yes, there are lots of larger appliances, tools, etc., around the house that use more energy than light bulbs........

There are lots of places to look; people who leave the tv on all the time, or turn it on as soon as they enter a room and then leave for 4 hours. Leaving any light on in any room where nobody needs one. Standing at the open fridge wondering what to eat. Poorly caulked or weather stripped windows and doors. Big shade trees on the south side of your home (if yo live in the north). office buildings leaving their lights on all night. Running water while brushing your teeth. The long bath or shower. Un-insulated hot water heaters. Driving to the corner store for a loaf of bread. Buying non-seasonal groceries from Chile or some other wierd place, like, say, California.

Karl, I'm not gonna get into any heavy discussions with you over this because you sound way more serious than my comments were intended. You're fully entitled to your opinion and to buy whatever kind of light bulbs you like. Suffice it to say that some of the things you mention illustrate my point exactly. And like Lawrence, I believe that you need to factor in the accuracy of the claims for CFL's, the energy used to manufacture them and the disposal of the hazardous materials as well.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  11:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence

"Come on don't you know that the FLUX-CAPACITOR needs to be traveling at 88 mph (140.8 km/h), and requires 1.21 gigawatts (jig-ah-watts) of power !!"

...Doc Emmett Brown, November 5, 1955

OK, now that's a little more like it!

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000