Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 On Line Guitar Courses
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OHIO-HAOLE
Akahai

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2006 :  9:01:39 PM  Show Profile
Aloha friends....just a quick question..My nephew,who lives in another state was asking me if I knew of a good on line guitar course site where he can learn to play acoustic guitar. Since I never used the net for guitar lessons...was wonderin if anyone could give me some feedback. I think he wants to learn standard tuning stuff.Mahalo!

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  10:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
The problem with most of the sites I've seen is that they offer a hodgepodge of "lessons" with no structure or clear learning path to follow. If anyone has found a site that does it right I'd like to know about it as well.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

OHIO-HAOLE
Akahai

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  08:25:21 AM  Show Profile
Hey Craig...I found out he ended up getting a course called Jamorama. For about $40.00. sounds like a pretty good course...walks you through in a good series of progressions...beginner to advanced,,has 2 course books on line along with various downloads, software...jam tracks to play along with...and videos showing hand positions...how to read tab and music , chords in good learning progression..(maj. minor. sus. maj.7th barre chords...etc)and tech stuff signatures, scales, strumming techniques...etc. etc. All in all a lot of stuff for the money...enough to last one a few years I suppose. You can even order it leaning toward acoustic or electric playing. Even updates with a newsletter with tabs and tips.My nephews friend (a guitar instructor) feels this is a good course even if you have played for years...enough material to progress at your own level and your own speed. It seems to have gotten good reviews at various sites too. Anyway I want to see it first hand I guess.But it sounds good....Aloha..Ken.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  11:25:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I've run across that one before but didn't have a chance to look into it. Be careful with the online reviews...there are a lot of sites set up to look like they offer unbiased reviews of several guitar courses when in fact they are sponsored by the package that gets the best review!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000