Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Hiram Bell' Ukulele Workshop/Jan 6/Palo Alto CA
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  01:56:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
Hiram Bell: Two Workshops
Sat, Jan 6th 12:30-2:30pm, $35
Ukulele Fun For Beginners
Enjoy the fun of playing the uke as you learn the basics. Some music theory will be discussed. Hiram Bell’s much acclaimed workshops are a unique experience. His knowledge of music and the history of the ukulele makes for an informative and educational experience.

Sat, Jan 6th 3:00-5:00pm, $35
Ukulele Fun for Intermediate and Advanced Players
Recommended for those with a general knowledge of basic chords, strumming and picking technique. Develop skills that make playing more enjoyable. This workshop will explore improvising in any key. The style of music will depend on the class preference.

Hiram Bell is a self taught artist and musician from Honolulu, Hawaii. He entertains and teaches music in South San Francisco. He started a music school offering private lessons for harmonica, guitar, ukulele and bass. He has been invited to speak and perform at prestigious workshops, festivals and concerts in CA and HI. He has arranged hundreds of musical pieces featuring the ukulele.

for more info www.hirambell.com
Gryphon Stringed(650)493-2131 TOLL-FREE (888)493-2131
211 LAMBERT AVE, PALO ALTO, CA 94306

Stay Tuned...

Edited by - hikabe on 12/22/2006 02:37:59 AM

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  1:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
The previous workshop description is vague. Here is more info.
All ukuleles welcomed, hi or low G strings. Baritone players must be able to adjust to the material covered and can play the solo tabs as solo pieces, but not during the workshops because of tuning reasons. I have given many workshops and know what people want to cover in regards to strumming and picking.

In the 3pm workshop, the focus will be on improvising. Improvising on an ukulele, or any instrument, is a way to tap into your creativity and explore artistic expression. I am leaving it up to the class as to what style of music we will use to illustrate ukulele technique.

If you want to learn traditional Hawaiian music, come and join us. If there is enough people who share your preference, then we will be swaying that way. If you like pop, blues, jazz, classical, tin pan, Beatles, Dylan, LedZep, Bach, Iz, Gabby, Hendrix, Santana, Tchaikowsky, Green Day, Sons of Hawaii or Jake, come and join us. Bring your friends and you can sway the groups direction or rock the boat in another direction. Come and represent.
It will be fun for people who want to improve their understanding of music and the role of a modern ukulele player. Don't be afraid to have fun learning things, come and join in. Mahalo... HBell

for more info www.hirambell.com
Gryphon StringedInstruments(650)493-2131 TOLL-FREE (888)493-2131
211 LAMBERT AVE, PALO ALTO, CA 94306

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

UncaJohn
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  10:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit UncaJohn's Homepage
Hi Hiram,

Mahalo for a fun workshop. We were in PA yesterday.

You definitely gave my wife and me plenty to work on. I'm glad I taped it, because when we got home we were already back to our old strumming habits. It will be nice to play along with the tape of the class.

We recommend you workshops to anyone who wants to improve.

{I think you could improve on your website, though. If you need help, drop me a line}

Until we see you again...Aloha.

John and Vicky

Let's go back to the valley, one more time. = ) ...Ekolu
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000