Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Kona Mixed Plate
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  07:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
Any of you ever eat at a place called Kona Mixed Plate - I think that's the right name - in Kona. Apparently the people who owned it have sold it and moved here to Bend. And guess what? They opened a restaraunt here named Kona Mixed Plate - I think that's the right name. Anyway, had lunch there yesterday, MMMMMMMM 'ONO! Just wondering if any of you that live on, or spend a lot of time on the Big Island know these people.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  12:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
Yes, it was my very favorite mixed plate stop in the Kona area. I haven't been to the Kona place under the new owners, but I especially *loved* the mac salad (it was a combo of mac and potato salad). You lucky guy!

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  9:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
Yeah, we are lucky. I talked to the owners today. Apparently the new owners of their old restaraunt are keeping it the same. They moved here to be near relatives after 30 years in Kona. Teriyaki mahi mahi today, wow such good stuff. Another cool thing is, how many restaraunts can you find on the mainland that has good Hawaiian music playing on the sound system.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

andyjade
Akahai

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  1:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Podagee, if you're ever in PDX, stop by Aiea Grill. So good! The owner is from Hilo (I think???), and really knows local styles of food. I'll be heading to Kona next time I'm in Bend....
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  12:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
OK Andy, where's the Aiea Grill? I was just in Portland (a friend having brain surgery at OHSU Hospital). I'll have to check it out. And for you...you must try Salvador Molly's....Onolicious! There is one on the east side, around 33rd and Morrison and one on the west side off of Capitol Highway...I think on Sunset Blvd.

When you come to Bend, give me a heads up and I'll go to Kona with you.

Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  2:40:07 PM  Show Profile
Bob's Okizuya Ohana has live free music every Thurs, Fri nights and Sunday mid-day... and Hawaiian CDs playing otherwise.....
Go to Top of Page

andyjade
Akahai

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  06:37:00 AM  Show Profile
Aiea Grill is pretty far out west. 158th and Walker Rd. Next to a great Japanese place call Za Majestic.

Salvador Molly's is indeed great. Been there many a time....

AJ
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  9:07:04 PM  Show Profile

Oh! When you said they have sold the place my heart just stopped!! Fortunately I'm a fast reader and it could start again.
My favorite place to eat and take out for the beach - one plate lunch is really two meals. Hawaiian size servings. Love that they will cook whatever fish is on hand any way you like.
Ok I'm drooling now.

cathe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000