Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 My First Guitar
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2002 :  02:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Aloha Julie,

And as a matter of fact, we can make a special Waihee Ukulele jam while you are here. As far as I know everyone in our group are also Ukulele players!

Look forward to your visit.

ed

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2002 :  1:02:07 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Kakahiaka T/P Ohana!

Hello Julie! Looking forward to your visit here on the "Valley Isle of Maui" as well. Eh wassup Ed? Missed you yesterday in Waihe'e! "Bruddah" Kevin! Yesterday although short, was just as great to "kanikajammapila" with everyone present. After you left for your Gig, everyone had their share of singing Hawaiian. I hope Pastor Kamaike Hanakalea's Mom (spelling) wasn't offended by us trying to do so....The greatest thing about it is that I never really could do it before. Ha! ha! ha! Must be the Drop-C tuning. But I'll try harder next time....

Meanwhile, back up here on Paia's Northshore, we've got 57 * outside! Feels really nice! Too bad there's no snowfall like in CT tho...."Good Morning Sarah and Reid"! Wow....it must be really pretty in the morning there huh! All that fresh powder on the ground? Oh well.....Perhaps some day it'll snow upon us low-landers at sea level.....(Yeah right). Ha! ha! ha!

Anyways, I do hope each and everyone of you are doing well! And oh!!! "HAPPY HOLIDAYS"! Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! Jingle All the Way! How I wish we would have snow so we can ride a sleigh Hey! Ha! ha! ha! Take care all, God Bless to you and all the rest. But above all else JUS'PRESS!!!
Good Health and Prosperity! LOVE PEACE AND HAPPINESS...

A Hui Hou!
slackkey Bill

Go to Top of Page

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2002 :  5:07:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Aloha Bruddah Bill,

Yea, been missing the Saturday jam cuz Honolulu Marathon is next Sunday (Dec.8th). My wife and I will be there, all set and ready to run. Last three weeks were the toughest part of our training - very long runs! I'll try to join you one of these Saturdays even tho'I have relatives and friends vacationing here from Mainland & Canada during December & January.

Miss you guys!!!

ed

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2002 :  4:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hey Ed,

How was the marathon? My hat is off to you. I hate running! Have some friends who've run the marathon in New York City and Boston. Did you have fun?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2002 :  6:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Aloha Andy,
Thanks for asking, yes my wife and I did better than last year but I really struggled to finish this one. There were more than 29,000 runners so it's probably up there with the New York Marathon.

ed

David
Akahai

92 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  6:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Send David an ICQ Message
\m/
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  12:27:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
It's interesting to hear how homemade music brings families together. My father (one haole guy) has always played island and hapa-haole music around the house and my Hawaiian mom would hula or play ukulele. Although I thought it corny at the time, making simple music around the house has been passed down through four or five generations and will always be a part of our family. My young kids will soon be surly teens, but we'll keep trying to pass it on.
My first guitar was a cheap flattop bought in 1974 in Manila, Philippines from a roadside shop. I learned a few chords and forgot about it. When I got serious about playing later, I bought a nice Alvarez and started learning again. I was a young hot head, and one day, after a fight with my girlfriend, swung it and shattered it on a tree.
The guitar wasn't much help with my musical education after that, but it taught me a lot about my temper, and I think I started maturing at that moment, and I was reminded of it when I read George Kahumoku's story about his first ukulele, which he also smashed in a rage (okay, he was 6, I was 18!). I take very good care of my guitars now, all eight of them! Now, when I'm stressed out or just weary, I PLAY my guitar.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000