Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Slack Key in Virginia
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cscapes
Aloha

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  11:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cscapes's Homepage
Aloha everyone,

It seems I'm on the wrong coast! Do any slack key artist, festivals or get togthers ever happen on the east coast like in Richmond, Va? Where can I found this stuff out?

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  2:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
The closest stuff I've heard about has been at Wolf Trap and/or in DC at the Kennedy Center.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  6:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Bill Campbell is in Williamsburg, VA. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/campbell

Fran is right. Wolf Trap may be your best bet even though probably a couple hours from you. Hapa will be there around April. Ledward Kaapana, Dennis Kamakahi and many others have performed there.

WV not VA, but Patrick Landeza has taught at http://augustaheritage.com in the past. Not sure if he has plans to return but you might look into it.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

shakabrah
Aloha

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  4:35:56 PM  Show Profile
I have a brother in DC and he plays Slack key too.This is has e-mail shaka11 @ verizon.net

ALOHA Ivan
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  07:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Shakabrah - you are too modest about your brother in the Washington, DC area. Is he not kaulana for playing with the Aloha Boys who performed at Wolf Trap? Moreover, he performed with grace and courage on September 11, 2001 at the Pentagon, helping to rescue folks as a result of the terrorist acts that infamous day. He was honored with the appropriate accolades as a hero. God bless him for his heroism and God bless your family for their selflessness in sharing their talents with the world. One of my favorite songs is "Hawaiian Rainbow". Even here in cold Cleveland, OH, we share our several CDs and DVDs of the Ho`opi`i Bros. with our family and friends so they can feel the aloha as well.

Mahalo.
Wanda

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  09:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hey Ivan,

You're modest too! Sorry, I forgot to mention Isaac. Hope to chat or catch up with you soon.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  10:41:12 AM  Show Profile
Speaking of Augusta Heritage, the schedule for this year's workshops has been posted to their web site. Mary Flowers runs Guitar Week. Some of the Guitar Week instructors have been posted, but no word about Patrick. We sure hope so. Paul wrote him an e-mail to see if he is planning on returning as an instructor and we are hoping to hear from Patrick. If he does, I am sure his classes will be much larger than he had last year. He is truly a magnificent teacher who shares not only his technical expertise, but his aloha as well. I strongly urge you to review Augusta's web site shown above. Hint: the Graceland Inn is a wonderful place to stay right on campus. The place is beautiful -- all victorian era furnishings and a wonderful restaurant serving a great free breakfast every morning. Better than staying in a dorm room and eating dining hall food. Trouble is, I think there are only 11 rooms in the place.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000