Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Slack Key Radio Show Up Date
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  11:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
Slack Tracks is the name of our new internet Radio program on Slack Key
It will debut Friday February 2nd, 2007 from 4Pm to 5PM Las Vegas time.at www.50thstateradio.com

Joining me will be Ray Sowders who will have a segment on playing tips. If we can get the video screen working well enough, there eventually be video.

If you have questions you would like answered or a teaching topic addressed, please send them to us now at www.ianuiconcerts @ hotmail.com

At this point is is not our intention to teach a song but how to play Slack Key.

We will be talking story with many, such as Kevin Brown, Andy Wang, Gary Haleamau, Dennis Kamakahi. Mark Nelson has agreed to an interview if we can pin him down long enough.

You do not want to miss this first Broadcast as our guest is Elodia Kane who speaks about her life with Uncle Ray Kane. There are some suprises in this conversation that will touch your heart and a message from Uncle Ray to todays Slack Key Players.

We are working to add a well known person and acknowledged expert in Hawaiian Music that can provide history and talk story about the songs and artists that sang them.

Oh Yeah somewhere in that hour we will be playing some great slack key music as well and give you updates on concerts and events

So mark your calendars

Edited by - Ianui on 01/22/2007 11:07:54 AM

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  12:34:09 PM  Show Profile
Don - thank you so much for doing this! I am so excited to hear Auntie Elodia. We have a few of DVDs of her and Uncle Ray and even have her CD. Just seeing the two of them together and the way she looks at Uncle Ray with eyes of love warms the heart. We are so very lucky that Uncle Ray has shared ki ho`alu with so many younger people. After all, if he hadn't taught Patrick Landeza, then my husband perhaps would not have had such a great kumu. Sharing is the best way to perpetuate the music.

Mahalo.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  2:41:20 PM  Show Profile
I've just set my PC reminder for the show.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  4:00:52 PM  Show Profile
I'm really looking forward to the first show......thanks for letting us know about it!

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  6:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by javeiro

I'm really looking forward to the first show......thanks for letting us know about it!

Just Remember Its on Las Vegas Time which I think is the same time as you guys but please check.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  7:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Don,

Do these shows get archived? I don't think I'll be in front of a computer for your first show.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  07:05:48 AM  Show Profile
Yes, archiving would be great. I will be in Hawai`i for the first three Fridays of February (I know, poor Boo....) but the programs sound too good to miss!
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  07:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
Islandboo aywhere there is a computer you can listen. just go to www.50thstateradio.com Hawaii is 2 hours behid us so it will be on from 2Pm to 3Pm Hawaii time

I am checking on the Archive.
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  10:12:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Don, but I will be in an airplane for the first show, off the grid on Moloka`i for the second, and riding a horse on Haleakala during the third. No easy internet access at any of those times! Archives would be great, but if not, I will just begin listening to the shows when I return. Good luck! (By the way, I have listened to the station for a bit just to make sure I could - once I installed Flip4Mac, everything sounded great!)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000