Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 DENNIS and DAVID KAMAKAHI in Maui Concert 3/24
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  08:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
Dennis & David Kamakahi : Generations
Saturday, March 24 McCoy Studio Theater - Maui Arts & Cultural Center Kahului, Maui, 7:30 pm

Dennis has played slack key and ‘ukulele since childhood, and as an acknowledged master of kï hö‘alu, he has helped shape the renaissance of Hawaiian music and culture. He is also one of the most prolific composers in the Hawaiian language, with more than 400 songs to his credit — including many Hawaiian classics. Son David has followed the father’s lead in the music business; now both have Nä Hökü Hanohano awards. Their distinctive mellow music can even be heard beyond island shores… on the Disney soundtrack for Lilo & Stitch II.

Tickets: $30, 1/2 price kids 12 & under
www.mauiarts.org or 808-242-SHOW

Supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, Hawaii State Foundation for Culture & the Arts, County of Maui, KPOA and KNUI Radio.

Edited by - naukilo on 01/27/2007 09:33:23 AM

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  11:55:28 AM  Show Profile
Uncle Dennis,
Will you be in the LA/San Diego area for the Grammy's? Can you come on down to Chunky Monkey's house (Mokupuni I Na Pu'u) and teach some of us Southern California Slack Key Society members a little about composing songs and playing in your C Tuning?

If Chunky's home is not available, I can throw some protein on the BBQ and we can sit out in the backyard and learn from a Master. I'm in Carlsbad/Encinitas CA.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  7:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
Aloha Mika'ele,

Unfortunately I will not be attending the Grammy Awards. I will be heading straight home after my concert in Felton, CA.

However, there is a tour being planned during the month of July that might see my son and I in Southern Cal. Let's hope things work out.

Aloha,
Uncle D

quote:
Originally posted by Mika ele

Uncle Dennis,
Will you be in the LA/San Diego area for the Grammy's? Can you come on down to Chunky Monkey's house (Mokupuni I Na Pu'u) and teach some of us Southern California Slack Key Society members a little about composing songs and playing in your C Tuning?

If Chunky's home is not available, I can throw some protein on the BBQ and we can sit out in the backyard and learn from a Master. I'm in Carlsbad/Encinitas CA.

Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  01:33:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Uncle Dennis,
I wish I could attend but I will be home. I hope that someday I can see you play in person. Have a great time in Felton,CA. Great talking to you on AIM and I wish we can do it again soon. Mahalo.

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000