Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Lurker Support??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  08:52:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage
Happy New Year Kakou

I have been buried with seasonal report deadlines and holiday craziness since early to mid December. I finally logged on to catch up on the news around the patch last Friday (Jan 26, if anybody needs to know--yeah it should be a crime not to check in more often than that... Not to worry, I keep up on the playing during such periods; I just give up the recreational computer time). There were 134 active topics since I had last logged on. So there was a lot of stuff I wanted to check out using the recent active topics option. Then all of a sudden, I've been on long enough that things get reset and there are no active topics...

Now I know, all things considered, this is nothing to whine about, but aside from printing out that page when it opens up the first time, is there any way to save that info so I can systematically check out just those recently active topics before I lose them? Andy??? Anybody else??

Mahalo

Jeff

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  10:07:33 AM  Show Profile
Use the "Active Topics Since:" pulldown.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  2:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage
Thanks Reid. You've improved my quality of life. Or at least lurking!

JC

Jeff

Go to Top of Page

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  2:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
Gee, thanks, Reid. I didn't even know that feature was on this board at all...I typically just bounce from section to section looking for the "new" stuff. Geesh, I feel a bit dumb...but smart now 'cause at least I learned something new!

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  4:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Reid. You beat me to it.

Active topics is a helpful feature.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  7:09:28 PM  Show Profile
Sheesh, Reid,

Here I run huge, powerful computer programs at work, but I can't handle those grocery store checkout registers, and I never even saw the Active Topics link.

Gaaah! I am a dinosour %$#(*&^!!!!

Old Julie..... Creak, sniffle, snort
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  1:45:03 PM  Show Profile
I doit 'nother way.
I always leave the main [Active Topics Page] open on my computer with since last Visit on ...".
Then when I want to read one of the topic trails, I "right click" on the topic and open it in a new window. I can respond/post and close that window when I'm done.
Then I'm back on the original [Active Topics Page] page and go to the next topic on the list to read
and on.... and on....

In the end I refresh the main [Active Topics Page]page with the pull down to new in the "Last 30 minutes". Anything new (besides my posts) and I go another round.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  6:56:28 PM  Show Profile
And Mike, you do that when you are away for weeks? I mean, leave your puter on all the time?

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  12:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Reid,
You pulling my legs? (said the centipede) -- you crack me up.

As I read from Mark on another topic -- it is easy to misread/mistype forum posts and interpret other than the author intended.
---
No. I turn my laptop off when I am done (security and life extension).

For clarification:
When I sporadically log on to taropatch.net, I check the [Active Topics Page]. My computer automatically sets the forum topics since my last log on. Once that page is open, I select and open in a new window those topics I am interested in reading.

In the end, I exit out of taropatch.net and play the guitar, ukulele, ipu heke, walk-the-dog, etc.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  3:03:08 PM  Show Profile
quote:
You pulling my legs? (said the centipede)

I think it goes "Watch out Mr haole, tink you pushing my leg!"

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  3:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage
You guys are cracking me up. I do like Mika ele's last one though. You should consider writing not only manuals for computer use, but life! Glad I asked.

Jeff

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000