Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Favorite, Secret Places...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  8:49:02 PM  Show Profile
Without giving away out secret places...
I have to speak about one here, in Colorado.
Especially in Summer...perhaps only in Summer!
It's a cabin I rent near the Sangre de Cristos.
Set in a huge grove of tall, swaying Aspen trees...
with a beaver pond out the front door.
I've gone there on pilgrimage to watch the Pereid meteor showers in mid'-summer, or just play guitar and fiddle at 10,000 feet.
We go for hikes, and drive 10 miles to the hot springs...
and PEACE is at hand.
Originally, it was a wood stove...the outhouse is state of the art, and now we use propane...which was not as quaint, but much more convenient.
The road is, unfortunately, inproved for the new RANCHETTES, around the bend....but it still is near the end of the roads as we know it.

The decaying Aspen are the sweetest scent in the world, or at least in any non-island world.

Anybody else care to mention their favorite place, without letting all know EXACTLY where...for there must be some mysteries we find on our own!

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  9:11:06 PM  Show Profile
Make that "Perseid" meteor shower.

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 01/30/2007 9:13:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  09:28:57 AM  Show Profile
Used to be: The end of the dirt road at Makena....
Used to be: Tunnel Meadows.... between Golden Trout Creek and the headwaters of the south fork of the Kern River. That was before the Nature Nazis closed the 1200' dirt runway at 9100' (high capacity, as you can see), and turned it into the Golden Trout Wilderness area where only the finest fit are able to go now. Yup, fine place to play the guitar under the pine trees by the stream, and then later by the campfire while enjoying steaks and marshmallows all cooked over the open fire.....
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  4:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
A natural water slide on panther creek. Shaped like it was made in a half-round form, it is about 15 feet long, smooth and slick and drops you into a nice crisp, clean, and cold pool. Very few people know about it. I've never seen another soul there while we've been there. Used to take the kids there all the time when they were little. I just may have to go back there this summer...it's been a while.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  8:38:43 PM  Show Profile
and then there's the trail on the west flank of Mount Tamalpais which winds through the redwoods and the manzanitas and breaks out onto the grassy meadow high above the Pacific ocean, and you know your feet are rooted in the franks of the earth and your head is in the clouds...

cathe
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  8:41:44 PM  Show Profile

and then there's the dark trail on the western slope of Mount Tamalpais which winds by modest waterfalls and not so modest giant sequoias and manzanita, and breaks out onto the grassy meadows high above the Pacific ocean, vistas of wind and water as far as the eye can see. and your feet are rooted in the flanks of the earth and your head is in the clouds......

cathe
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  07:05:04 AM  Show Profile
Secret places? How about Sheila's and my backyard at sunset

Looking southwest

Also, on a different night - you can see Catalina Island at the bottom center at the horizon.

Looking west

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 02/09/2007 06:02:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  07:23:39 AM  Show Profile

Nice one Dusty!!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  08:18:44 AM  Show Profile
Lovely, Dusty. Great diagonal composition, too; as if the clouds were emanating from the 2 hills. And with foreground interest.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  08:37:03 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Dusty, beautiful!!

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui