Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 You may be a Slacker if....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  2:41:24 PM  Show Profile
....when you go to a Slovenian restaurant, look at the mural on the wall, and are surprised the mountains don't look like Kaimana Hila.
(Last Saturday)
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  05:41:38 AM  Show Profile
My friend, Karl, went to Hawai'i and played Slovenian music (it was Oktoberfest).

If you hear a tune and wonder, "What tuning dat?"
Go to Top of Page

ilioiki
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  08:49:24 AM  Show Profile
...When you hear any non-hawaiian song and begin to wonder how it would played in slack-key...
Go to Top of Page

Fingerpickin
Lokahi

117 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  12:24:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fingerpickin's Homepage
When you hear a song in slack key, and you *snicker* as you are amused at all the standard tuning guitarists trying to figure out just how the heck to play that piece!

-Lance

"Hey Lance, try watch." -Ozzie
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  9:29:49 PM  Show Profile
You a slacker when your budget items for lesson, workshops and concerts/events exceed your expenses for clothes, shoes and your car.

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2007 :  07:22:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh. Well, Auntie Cathe thank you cuz I certainly fit into that catagory... See you on Maui?
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2007 :  09:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
...You're carrying a few extra pounds and your music idols still make you feel skinny.
...You don't understand a single word in most of your favorite songs but you know how to spell every one.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 02/15/2007 09:53:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Danny Boy
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  06:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Danny Boy a Yahoo! Message
you get invited to a mainland "luau" pahty and people want know why da checkered tablecloth got cut up into a shirt...Ray Who?
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  06:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
...you have more than one aloha shirt for every day of the month, and more than half of them have a guitar or ukulele in the pattern.

....when it gets below freezing you break down and wear one t-shirt under your aloha shirt.

...you keep a guitar in your office at work and crack up eensai every time a co-worker picks it up and tries fo' play "regulah" chords on 'em.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000