Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Faith Ako in Sonoma County
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lat21north
Aloha

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  4:00:31 PM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou,

The chill is gone and Friday evenings in Windsor now have some real Hawaiian music. Douglas Duarte is from Kona, and he is sponsoring the mele at his Hawaiian Kona Caffe'. Faith Ako sings traditional Hawaiian music starting at 6:00 p.m. Faith is originallly from O'ahu and has a lovely voice. She plays 'uke and keyboards, and had her buddy Tarvin over from Kihei last week to add some guitar. Douglas serves Hawaiian food so you can plan dinner around the music. This past Friday, local wahine added some hula.

The Kona Caffe' (707-837-1877) is in the Wal-Mart/Home Depot shopping center just east (that's sort of mauka for you island types) of 101 at the Shiloh Rd. exit. Address is 6580 Hembree Lane if you need to punch it in. The place filled to overflowing by seven, so be advised. Faith is launching her premiere CD soon, and I will put a little note on that under "Recording Announcements".

Me ke aloha,

Bill

E holo mua
Bill

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  9:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Hey, Bill, thanks for the info. We saw Faith when she was on Maui recording her CD, she came down to the monkeypod tree and sang a couple of tunes at Bradda Poki's show there. We really enjoyed her singing and playing.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  10:30:16 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Bill,

We have a good friend who works at Raley's there in Windsor, she often works at the coffee counter in that store. But she has no email, so if you get around to Raleys, please tell "Judy" to check out the Hawaiian Kona Caffe.

Mahalo, Julie
Go to Top of Page

lat21north
Aloha

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  1:58:30 PM  Show Profile
e Fran, hope you can make it up here to enjoy some more music. Julie, I remember Judy and will try to get the word to her.

Bill

E holo mua
Bill
Go to Top of Page

JimC
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  06:10:51 AM  Show Profile
we were there last Friday (thanks for the heads-up on that one Bill)
Have not felt that much Aloha in Sonoma county since the Brown's were here in 2005, everybody was elbo to elbo. Great music, great food, great time. Linda and I were all smiles the whole way home. Check it out

Jim
http://www.ohanahulasupply.com

Edited by - JimC on 02/06/2007 06:11:30 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000