Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Kevin Brown Featured Today
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  10:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
Friday 3/9/2007 broadcast of Slack Tracks at www.50thstateradio.com I will talk story with Kevin Brown and play the music of three generation of the Brown Ohana, Grandpa Harry Brown, Kevin and Ikaika

Kevin dispells a myth. Yes its true Now you will finally know the truth.

Click on the "click here to start your journey" at the top of the page to access the station. The program will play from 4pm to 5pm and again at 9pm to 10pm Las Vegas time.

Thank you for your support and listening to Slack Tracks.

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  3:24:59 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Don,

This is Sarah, logged in as Reid, as we just finished listening to your broadcast. Wonderful show with Kevin - we've heard many of his stories before, but parts of the story about the guitar from his father-in-law were new to us. We had the privilege of seeing and playing that special guitar at Waihe'e a year ago. The San Diego show was great for everyone who was there. Thanks again to Chunk and Mary for being our dear and gracious hosts for the quick visit, and to Bill Benzel for putting up with Reid's wisecracks about people who live in CT (hey, Reid told me to add that, folks!) And Reid forgives Dusty for showing everyone what he looks like, and he loves you, Dusty, nonetheless.

Thanks so much for having Kevin on, Don. Kevin is truly the essence of nahenahe, Reid and I both agree. You can tell, the way his voice is, the way he speaks, the way he behaves. Everyone should know, too, that Uncle Harry was the toast of Honolulu when he did Mauna Loa in Honolulu with Kevin and Ikaika. The ladies all swooned! (Andy, were you there?)

me ke aloha no,
Sarah

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  8:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Listening to the show as I type this. Not sure why but the show did not start until 12:15am eastern time.

I'm enjoying the music and the stories. Uncle Kevin has so many stories and has always been supportive of this website and to all of us trying to learn Hawaiian music. So many of us have been blessed by `Ohana Brown. Much aloha and hope to see you soon, Uncle Kevin! Thanks Don, another great show!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  01:42:14 AM  Show Profile
Don - this show was great! The music was beautiful and the talk story interesting, touching and funny. I definitely got a feeling of aloha from Kevin, both through his stories and his music. The story about his father-in-law's guitar gave me chicken skin.

Thanks to you for a fine program, Don. And thanks to the `Ohana Brown for sharing their music and mana`o.

Here is web site info on `Ohana Brown:

http://www.slackkey.net/AboutOhanaBrown.html

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 03/10/2007 05:50:38 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page