Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 GEORGE KAHUMOKU Jr.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KAPU-lp104.7FM
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  5:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit KAPU-lp104.7FM's Homepage
Aloha,
Just a reminder of the Mello Center GIG that George Kahumoku
will be doing HERE in Watsonville.
Slack Uke and Guitar workshops in Santa Cruz, as well as Watsonville.

Check out www.kapu.org for details.

Make sure to download the George & Timmy interview!!
It takes a few minutes, but speaks volumes!!!!

Aloha no,
Jeff Kost
KAPU-lp 104.7 FM
www.kapu.orgjeff @ kapu.org

Edited by - KAPU-lp104.7FM on 03/14/2007 08:05:37 AM

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  3:56:16 PM  Show Profile
The talk story with George & Timmy was about as good as it gets. I am in awe of George. He can do it all....music, art, farming, cooking....you name it. He tells stories so well. Thanks so much for letting us know about this link.

Mahalo.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  4:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Mahalo Jeff! Let's tell the whole WORLD why don't you! Brah it was a really fun interview and I TRULY enjoyed my time talkin' story wit' Uncle George... He is a good family friend and REALLY feels like he is an Uncle to me...Mahalo Uncle and see you in Watsonville in a week or so! Mahalo to Jeff and Morgan at KAPU LP 104.7 Watsonville for the opportunity to do this fun interview with Uncle George! You guys are doing a great job down there! A hui hou,
Timmy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  4:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Timmy,

Great job! I enjoyed the interview a lot. Felt like you and Uncle George were right there at work with me.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  8:46:59 PM  Show Profile
I just happened to be driving through Watsonville, which does not happen often, and remembered KAPU there, and when I tuned in it was just like listening to two old friends jabbering. (Well, sometimes George does carry on a bit, two or three conversations at time!)
But it was lovely listening to the back-and-forth as I was coming home from a difficult situation, and was glad of the fun and laughter of the interview. Thank you, Timmy, thank you, George. You add light and laughter to our world, not to mention the beautiful music...

Julie
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  07:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Julie,
so happy to hear you CAUGHT the interview! Sorry to hear you were having a hard time, but I am so stoked to hear you were lifted from that just by listening to Uncle George and myself! So humbled and honored! Hope you having a great day and look forward to seeing you and Larry soon! Bobo and Steven are coming to Bocci's on March 30th, do you want to decorate the stage for us? Gotta have da famous JULIE HENDRICKS STAGE DECOR AH!!! Talk to my sweetie!
a hui hou,
Timmy
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  8:27:23 PM  Show Profile
E aloha Timmy,

I'll be honored to decorate the stage. You know, I only do this for my favorite Hawaiian musicians! Sure, I'll give you a call before too long. And you know, it doesn't cost you a thing but one of your famous smiles...

Me ke aloha, julie
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  08:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Your AWESOME JULIE! Believe it or not... I have NEVER been to Bocci's for an UKULELE meeting yet... So... I don't know how it all looks when there is a performance! I am sure you have been and I will be going this Thursday to see Uncle George! Call me up anytime!
Aloha,
Timmy
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  03:07:53 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo nui loa to Uncle George for performing at the Wintersburg Presbyterian Church in Santa Ana (SoCal) yesterday. It is a senior center for a mostly Japanese-Hawaiian congregation. He took Daniel with him and together they performed some of the sweetest music I've heard in a long time. There was not one peep in the audience, but true of most Hawaiian celebrations, there were 2 keiki (kane) playing around in front. And in the end, George invited Nancy up to Dance - oh so nice! They also involved the audience in some of the songs along with words on the overhead projector. But I don't think most of the audience needed the words. There was a lot of emotion out there. And I must add, I was spotted immediately as a newcomer and welcomed with many opened arms. Mahalo to the congregation; and mahalo for Hawaiian-style lunch!
As a side note, my cousin in Kahului called last fall to say that George had performed at their senior center. They were very pleased that he had taken time from his busy schedule for them, and truly loved hearing the old music. (and per another thread: she's actually my ex-husband's 2nd cousin's wife). She had come to last year's slack key festival to hear us play, bringing one of the grandkids.
Have fun Timmy and Julie and the rest of you. See you all soon.
auntie nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000