Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Jeff Peterson/SoCal
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  6:06:19 PM  Show Profile
Coming from Hawai'i, grammy winner Jeff Peterson will be playing April 13th at the James Armstrong Theater in Torrance. Box Office: 310-781-7171
On April 15th the show will be at the Huntington Beach Library Theater, tickets at Island Bazaar 714-843-9350.
Joining him at both venues will be locals 99-year-old Bill Tapia a wonder on the ukulele; and Makena, an excellent local duo with beautiful "local" sounds of the Islands.
Tickets are $20 so don't miss this rare opportunity.

Edited by - Pua Kai on 03/17/2007 04:37:57 AM

mike2jb
Lokahi

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  06:06:20 AM  Show Profile
Ouch, Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear this announcement.

I really admire Jeff's music and was able to hear him live last year at one of George Kahumoku's weekly concerts on Maui. I'm still trying slowly to pick my way through his lovely song "Kahealani." I keep telling myself that if I ever get to Honolulu I'll be sure to go hang out at the Hau Tree Lounge, because I hear he plays there some nights.

Why I'm sorry at your announcement? On those dates in April I'll be in ... Honolulu.

Enjoy the performance. Also Bill Tapia is a real hoot to hear, as much for his stories as for his `uke.

-Mike

Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  09:21:23 AM  Show Profile
Lucky you to be where it's warm!
Bill plays here in Gardena fairly often on Friday nights. He also plays at the beach in San Onofre on Wed nights when he's in town. so when and if you're down this way, be sure to make contact. As far as Jeff goes, I guess you're out of luck this time. The girls of Makena play at some of the local establishments. I heard them at The Loft in Torrance. When you're down, Doug Katsumoto should be able to point you in their direction. Actually, it was a year ago today that I first heard them play. Because I wore green, they gave me a free CD! It pays to be part Irish in this Hawaiian world!
n

Edited by - Pua Kai on 03/17/2007 09:23:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  09:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Wow, good to hear that Jeff is playing down south! I "JUST" realized about a month ago that Jeff and I went to High School togethor! We used to Skateboard togethor with a bunch of other guys from Baldwin High School! Guy used to RIP at playing Metal, Jazz, ANYTHING! Brah I am so proud of him! I didn't realize he was the Jeff I knew until hanging with my friend Steven Inglis... He told me about this guy who had won Grammy whose name was Jeff Peterson and I was like...???? Wait a minute... Life is so strange like that! I would have NEVER thought he would be playing Slack Key! Maybe some speed metal or some Santana style stuff!? Good on em' though!

Aunty Nancy, If you see him tell him Timmy says HOWZIT!
a hui hou,
Timmy

Edited by - alohakanakaluka on 03/17/2007 7:13:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  09:52:55 AM  Show Profile
You betcha Timmy, and I'm looking forward to seeing you next month!
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  07:06:24 AM  Show Profile
Any San Diego SCSKSers headed up to Torrance?

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  10:00:03 AM  Show Profile
If you do come up, we are eating at Bob's first and then going to the theater.
Go to Top of Page

DHCdesigns
Aloha

34 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  06:47:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit DHCdesigns's Homepage
JUST ADDED!!

JEFF PETERSON & MAKENA will be giving in-store performances at 2 SoCal Borders locations. FREE!

Thursday, April 12, 7:00 p.m. at Torrance Borders
3700 Torrance Blvd
Torrance, CA 90503
Phone: 310.540.7000

Saturday, April 14, 2:00 p.m at South Coast Plaza Borders
Costa Mesa - South Coast Plaza
3333 Bear St.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Phone: 714.432.7854
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked