Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 What happened to RMMGA submissions?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  8:21:17 PM  Show Profile
I have been checking the RMMGA web site every couple
of days to see when the CDIII set is comming out yet
there has been no word. Anyone have any news here?

Is the RMMGA web site useless and I need to check
usenet or such?

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 11/25/2002 10:47:21 PM

Russell Letson
`Olu`olu

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  9:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Russell Letson's Homepage
We need to be patient. Last I heard (on the newsgroup)was that things were at the mastering stage--in fact, it was a data-transfer snag that was the topic of the message. Then there's all the logistics of clearances, getting bids on actual production, doing the cover art, pestering people to turn in their liner notes, et multitudinous cetera. I'd be surprised to see anything before January--those pesky holidays get in the way.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  10:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Here's a little more info on the status of CDIII:

Howdy Folks!

The RMMGA CD-III Project is nearing completion. I am still waiting on one final song to be transferred from minidisc for me, and then I can finish mastering the project. Then, it will take about a month to be reproduced, and then it will be in YOUR CD player! We had hoped to have it ready for Christmas, but instead should have it ready to ship by the end of January. The package/set will contain four CDs. They ALL sound FANTASTIC!!

We are NOT taking orders for them yet. We still need to get a production cost and figure out the shipping costs. Then we will officially announce the order taking.

So, please hang on for just a little while longer. It is definately worth the wait!

Jim McCrain
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  1:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
the last song was *ta-daa!* mine!

john chamberlain made the transfer to mp3, and it's quite faithful. if you'd like to hear it, it's at:

www.cs.ucsd.edu/users/marzullo/isalei_alohaoe.mp3

i need to get up to speed on editing music...

keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  6:32:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks from me, too, Keith. Very nice.

I had no problems with the file extension, btw.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2002 :  10:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the preview Keith. Sounds great!

Here's a little more info on the project.

quote:
Would you believe 82 people and 129 songs? Would you believe 6 full CDs? Would you believe they all sound great?

Well, you SHOULD have answered YES to all three questions!

It's getting closer! They sound SO GOOD!!!

Jim "Man, I love this job!" McCrain

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000