Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Hau`oli La Ho`omaika`i
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  09:17:32 AM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou,

As 4 inches of snow cling to our trees and make our part of Megalopolis unusually lovely, Sarah and I wish all of you Hau`oli La Ho`omaika`i, Happy Thanksgiving Day. We hope that you have lots to be thankful for and that your lives are full, joyful and meaningful.

One thing we are thankful for is all the friends and happiness that Ki Ho`alu has brought us. Think about playing some tomorrow (and today, too).

Me ke aloha pumehana,

Reid and Sarah

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  1:53:14 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Reid and Sarah

Mahalo for the holiday greeting!....SNOW?....
Well back here on Maui everybodys paying someone to spray those fake snow on the christmas trees. Oh well thats what happens when it's 80 degrees here on Maui.

Hope your both doing well, Ikaika and I are getting ready to leave for tahiti again, in 2 weeks. We'll be playing music at the Beachcomber (papaete) for 1 week, and then over to Moorea Beachcomber for another week. I heard in tahiti, December, is there summer time.

We're looking forward to seeing both of you soon! Hope you make it in June, or when ever time allows you too. It's so great that we can communicate this way. And that way, we're guaranteed to know when we can visit each other. (sorry i missed you the last time.)

Have a great thanksgiving and a safe holiday season!.......that goes out to all of the taropatch ohana's too.

Ke Akua Pu
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  4:21:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
One thing we are thankful for is all the friends and happiness that Ki Ho`alu has brought us. Think about playing some tomorrow (and today, too).
Aloha all. And don't forget to eat a whole lot too!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  6:04:19 PM  Show Profile
Aloha everyone, take Andy's good advice. Happy Thanksgiving.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2002 :  05:02:16 AM  Show Profile
Aloha All! My goodness! Thanksgiving already! Hey...All of you....Have a wonderful and tasty "HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" Deep-fry turkey is happening here! Got my bird injected with a special marinade. First thing tomorrow morning I'll be heating up the oil, and 350 later...Sizzling tender, juicy Turkey! God Bless and have a safe "THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY"! But above all else...if you're gonna drink....DON'T DRIVE...While on the way to the party...ARRIVE ALIVE!!!!! A Hui Hou!

slackkey Bill
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2002 :  12:59:01 PM  Show Profile
Reid and Sarah! How 'bout sending some of that white, cool, cold powdery stuff here on Maui! The temp's about 65* here in Paia. I kinda miss that first snowfall during Winter, well, not here, but in Berlin, Germany. Picture this.....years ago while in the Army.....It was our first early morning in Germany.....It snowed the night before....next ting you know the locals there saw something they'd never witnessed before. 10 brown-skin Kanaka's, out on the entrance to our Base in tank-tops, shorts and slippers playing football on the fresh snowfall....The German locals probably thought we were nuts! But we really had a great time....Love you guys! Take care! God Bless to you and all the rest. A Hui Hou Malama Pono....But above all else JUS'PRESS

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2002 :  2:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, now that I don't have to commute in it, I can enjoy the beauty of our infrequent snowfalls. I've never tried football in it. In slippers? You must have done lots of slipping and tripping!

Sometimes the jet stream shifts and draws a line between Hawaii and Seattle, bringing warm and WET weather, wetter than normal. We call it the Pineapple Express.

Everyone, enjoy the remainder of your November holiday.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2002 :  7:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
aloha all,

we're over on the lahaina side where we had my folks and sibs over for thanksgiving. the weather is beautiful but the waves are *big*! ho'okipa was raging two days ago. the only problem is that i came down with some kind of bad stomach bug, but i can't think of a better place to be nursing myself back.

happy thanksgiving to all...

aloha,
keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2002 :  9:59:18 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Keith,

Hey Keith, Welcome to Maui, where about in Lahaina your staying? Maybe we could all get together while your here.

We meet on Saturday the 7th for our weekly jam session.(in waihee) If your feeling well, and your still on Maui, Lets see if there's a way we could hook up.

Hope you get better soon! And hope there will be time to get together.

a hui hou!
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  01:41:57 AM  Show Profile
Keith! Wassssssup man! I thought you weren't be making it back here on Valley Isle! Or did you mention it to me before...Hmmmm, can't remember. Anyways, as "Bruddah' Kevin mentioned, and if you'll still be here....By all means, make that trek (slang) here on the opposite end of the West Maui Mountain over in Waihe'e. Heh, if there was a back road cutting accross from your place, you'd be there in no time flat! "Hi Suzie"!

Anyways, I hope you're feeling better! Had I known you were already here, I would have guided you to our "Kanikajammapila" in Waihe'e just yeterday! Welcome back you guys! How was "Thanksgiving" in Lahaina with the Ohana? Now I remember! You mentioned about bringing the Family over the last time we got together at your place.

Hey! Enjoy yourselves while here! Tell me about the surf....from our upstairs deck we have a pretty good view! Earlier during the week, one could here the pounding of the "super-surf" slamming down on the shoreline. Especially at night and early morning!

Hope to see you in Waihe'e next Saturday Dcember 7, 2002! Till then....Oh! We get together there around 10:00 in the morning until whenever. Do you know where Old Waihe'e Protestant Church is? If not, let me know okay! Contact me via my e-mail address. A Hui Hou!

slackkey Bill
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  01:50:52 AM  Show Profile
(Correction)... paragraph 3 line 2, suppose to have been....."one could HEAR the pounding surf". Ha! ha! A Hui Hou!

slackkey Bill
Go to Top of Page

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  4:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Aloha Keith,

Also wanted to welcome you to the island. Hey, if you are already in Lahaina, you can drive up to the Kapalua Resort on Tuesday and watch a great Ukulele Show at the Kapalua Shops by Peter DeAquino at 10:30 am. I will drop by the place just in case you are there. (I work at Kapalua)

If you need anything, you can reach me anytime at 647-2224

ed

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  4:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi kevin, bill and ed!

we were on the island only for a week, ending yesterday, but we'll be back on the 19th for a gathering of the other side of the family. if you guys are getting together on any of the saturdays near christmas, i'd love to meet you all.

bill, thanksgiving was great, it was the first time over for most of my family and they were really taken by the island (and, luckily only i got sick). susie says "hi", and she keeps bragging about us earning some money playing at KBH, hah!

a hui hou,
keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000