Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Save Memorial Day weekend !! Hula and music !!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PuaLynn
Lokahi

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  6:28:31 PM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou!
For those who haven't yet heard, E Pili Kakou (Sacramento) has been moved up this year. Instead of taking place in Sept., it will be in May - on Memorial Day weekend. There has also been a change in location - it will be held at the Radisson Hotel this year (which is just a mile or so from the old location at Doubletree). I, personally, am excited about this year's honoree: Frank Kawaikapuokalani Hewett!

E Pili Kakou provides hula workshops Friday and Saturday, with performances each evening by the participants, including the wonderful kumu. Check out the list of presenting kumu at the website below.

Even if you aren't interested in participating in the retreat, at least consider attending the Ho`olaule`a on Friday or the Ho`ike on Saturday!

(Important note: If you're coming from out of town, make your reservations NOW! Memorial Day weekend is a HUGE weekend in Sacramento. The largest Jazz Jubilee west of the Mississippi is held here that weekend, and hotel/motel space gets booked well in advance. Because the Jubilee now also includes swing, zydeco, blues, and traditional jazz, as well as the standard Dixieland, there's a wider variety of people attending than in the past. Performers and attendees come from all over the world - we typically see several hundred thousand people come into town. There are pre-Jubilee gigs held as well, so bands and attendees begin arriving early in the week.)

Here's a link to the E Pili web site, including the list of presenters/kumu hula and registration info : http://www.epilikakou.org/index.html

Home Event Info Presenters Register Links Contact Memorial

Sacramento - May 25 - May 27, 2007

Kikau
ka hana nui a ke aloha i ka lani
Love is given freely without restriction

Ka Mo'olelo:

Let us all celebrate 10 years of E Pili Kākou I Ho`okahi Lāhui by honoring our 2007 Honoree Frank Kawaikapuokalani Hewett, one of the most respected kumu hula (hula instructor), haku mele (song writers), performers, and advocates of Hawaiian language and culture for the past twenty five years.

Honoree Frank Kawaikapuokalani Hewett

WHY PARTICIPATE IN E PILI KAKOU I HO'OKAHI LAHUI HULA RETREAT?
To bring together all practitioners & followers of hula as one body of people in the perpetuation of hula as an art form in a noncompetitive, nurturing environment
Promote acceptance and understanding of all styles of hula
Enlightenment in various areas of Hawaiian culture & heritage through hula (i.e. language, protocol & ethics)
A time to make new friends
To build and promote the aloha spirit
Create lasting bonds among all participants through a spiritual understanding in hula

© 2005 Ka Laua`e Foundation designed and developed by KiaGraphics

Me ke aloha,
Lynn
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000