Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 An Evening of Hawaiian Falsetto TOMORROW NITE 3/30
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  7:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage

Aloha friends,
Come on down to Bocci's Cellar on Friday March 30th and see 2007 Hawaii Music Award Recipient "Steven Espaniola" with his incredible Falsetto, Slack Key and Ukulele. As well as that we will also be entertained by the one and only "Bobo Kalae Miles", who is travelling from Southern California to perform his incredible "Falsetto and Ukulele" as well! Dinner will be available for purchase!

Steven Espaniola and Bobo "Kalae" Miles
An Evening of Hawaiian Falsetto
Bocci's Cellar
140 Encinal Street
Santa Cruz 95060

Tickets: $12 Advance and $15 door
Show will start at: 7:30pm
Available at: The Aloha Island Grille (ONLY)
For more information call: (831)428-7546

As well as this Bobo will also have an UKULELE workshop on Sunday April 1st at "The Aloha Island Grille". For more info call:
(510)921-9134 or email me!

Hope to see you all at the show the end of this month! Once again Dinner will be available for purchase! I heard just $5!!! Get your ticket(s) now!! Take care,
A hui hou,
Timmy

Edited by - alohakanakaluka on 03/29/2007 09:51:46 AM

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  01:54:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha mai kaua e Timmy! Mahalo nui loa for the info. Wish I could make it but I am stuck on O'ahu. Sounds like it will be a great night. I love Steven's Falsetto voice. Can you do me a favor can you tell Steven that I said hi and Aloha for me? Hope to hear from you soon.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  05:09:52 AM  Show Profile
Ah- Santa Cruz, not South Carolina. Got me all excited for a minute...
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  09:38:36 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, Debbie, I thought it was South Carolina too. Hey guys, not everyone is from California, you know.

Regarding Kalae "Bobo" Miles, I saw that Peter M. had this high praise for him (re a workshop in April):
quote:
Ask Bobo to sing for you. Although he is little known outside of Hawaii he has one of the absolutely best voices in Hawaii and you can learn a lot from him. He is a natural singer, graduated from UH Music with a BA in voice, worked in Hawaii and Japan for a number of years. And for the last several years has been working with Kahauanu Lake, originally under the State Foundation of Culture and Arts Masters Apprentice Program. His falsetto is the best! He is definately one of the best vocal talents around.

(From the thread http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3751 )

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  11:46:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Bobo rocks. See (and hear) him if you can. He leo sure maoli no.

Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  12:56:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Kala mai for the mixup with S.C. and S.C... I made the change! I guess it could have been a number of things... Southern California, Santa Clara, San Clemente, South Carolina, South Central...And even Santa Clause... There "IS" such a town! :)
A hui hou,
Timmy
Go to Top of Page

kanakaboy
Aloha

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  6:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Send kanakaboy a Yahoo! Message
Aloha e na hoa makamaka o na mele Hawai'i~

I just realized that I no longer have a Hayward area code, so the number to reach me is no longer 510-921-9134. Since I now reside in L.A. it has since been changed. If you are interested in taking the 'ukulele workshop the person to call is Deb Avila-White and she can be reached via her e-mail address at whitepandd @ sbcglobal.net.

Mahalo! Can't wait to see you all there. Mahalo e Timmy for all your hard work in putting this together. Steven and I are great friends and it will be such an honor and an awesome time working with him. Just be prepared for us both to take you on a wonderful, memorable journey to Hawai'i.

Aloha!

Kalae
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  10:06:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Coming up quick and tickets are STILL available for this awesome show at Bocci's! Get your tickets fas' cuz goin' sell out... Guaranz!!!!
a hui hou,
Timmy
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  1:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by alohakanakaluka

Kala mai for the mixup with S.C. and S.C... I made the change! I guess it could have been a number of things... Southern California, Santa Clara, San Clemente, South Carolina, South Central...And even Santa Clause... There "IS" such a town! :)
A hui hou,
Timmy

"Seattle Center" would have been nice - one mile from my home...
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  4:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Aloha e Timmy! Really looking forward to playing Santa Cruz again and performing with good friend Bobo! Should be a great show!

Steven
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000