Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 The Canadian Connection
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Larry Goldstein
Lokahi

267 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  11:48:10 AM  Show Profile
Here is a link to 12 pages of what I think is really interesting information. I don't know about you, but I've always thought Hawai'i was first settled by Polynesian people. Perhaps not.

If you are interested in Hawaiian history, you may enjoy this post. And be sure to check out the tattooed guy at the end.

http://users.on.net/~mkfenn/page3.htm

Aloha,

Larry

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  12:03:29 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Very interesting. So then where do the Kahiki stories come from? How do the Menehune fit into all this? Supposedly the Menehune were living in Hawai`i before the migration from Kahiki.

And where does Easter Island fit into all of this?

When we went to Fanning Island (Tabuaeran) a few years back, the people who live there now were undoubtedly melanesian. They did not resemble polynesians at all. I thought they looked more like some people that I have known from India who have very dark brown skin, however, I could see similarities in their language to various polynesian languages, such as the use of the word "tabu".

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  05:51:39 AM  Show Profile
Once again, we must face the Cousinhood of Humanity.
Petroglyphs of catamarans in Norway! Fish and poi, fish and potatoes. I like'm both.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000