Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Larrivee Ukes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2002 :  04:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Two more Larrivee ukes on eBay at the moment...both koa, both unplayed. Do a search on eBay for Larrivee Ukulele if you're interested. Both auctions end in 3 days.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2002 :  02:12:19 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Craig. I did bid on the 10K, I really want a soprano to travel with. I have a pineapple Graziano which I love, but it is just too precious and too expensive to take on airplanes, what with all the horror stories. It is painted like a pineapple, too. You know, you just can't have too many ukes! Aloha nui, Julie
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2002 :  1:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Congratulations on your new Larrivee uke Julie! It's a beauty. I ended up buying the 01K, so they both went to good homes. Now I just need to learn how to play the darn thing!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 12/31/2002 4:49:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2003 :  01:32:33 AM  Show Profile
Craig! I just logged on (New Year's Eve 10:20 PM) to find out that I won that Larivee 10K. (OK, so I have nothing better to do on New Year's Eve than sit in my bathrobe and PJ's looking at eBay) Sigh. That was just the treat I needed tonight! And I'm glad someone is giving that O1K a good home. Your profile doesn't specify where you live, but we have some dynamite ukulele classes here in the Monterey and San Francisco Bay areas. And of course, there are always these super-duper workshops in Hawai'i. Now I just have to scrounge up the $ for that sweety!

A happy and healthy New Year to everyone, and just remember, take care of yourselves, for your health is truly a treasure. Aloha nui, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2003 :  02:22:09 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you both, and a happy new uke year!

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  5:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations Julie! A new addition to the family!

Will we be seeing this little keiki at Napili ?

cheers,
Ross
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2003 :  10:40:53 PM  Show Profile
Auwe, Ross! We are now on the brink of bankruptcy, because
1. Our stock is in the dumpster now and
2. I could not control my spending on ukes via eBay!

So we won't know yet whether we'll be going to Maui for sure, or whether we eat tomorrow or not. Ah, anyway, I could lose a few pounds.
I may have to sell a uke or two. Anyone interested in a Kenny Hill Soprano? Cute, in the shape of the old Kumalaes. Great bargain.

Aloha, Julie

Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  1:16:35 PM  Show Profile
Yippee, finally got the new Larrivee delivered on my doorstep. On the day that I really needed a pick-me-up. It's very nice, plays loudly with a lot of depth for such a little bitty thing. (Soprano) I will need to let it settle and fine tune it, but I think this will be my traveler from now on. Thanks for the input everybody, I don't think I will regret this purchase. Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  10:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
In case you're looking to stimulate the economy, there's a couple more Larrivée Ukes on ebay right now.
The first one is mahogany. (closes in only an hour)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2508928008&category=16224

and the other a beautiful 10K, Koa with the trimmings. You've got a few days on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2509611105&category=2385

Ross

Julie, I missed your last post somehow until now; glad to hear you like your new Uke. How's that slimming plan going?!

Edited by - rossasaurus on 02/18/2003 10:19:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  01:45:46 AM  Show Profile
Ross, yikes, the slimming plan is losing against the Vanilla Bean ice cream. I do love that Larrivee uke, and play it almost everyday now. I throw it in the car when we are going someplace so I can practice and have a captive audience: Larry my hubby the chauffeur. Drives him nuts! So, I have decided that the most important things in my life right now are the June workshop on Maui with George, and the August "week in heaven" on the Big Island with Keola. So yes, we will be there, if it kills us. I can hardly wait.... Julie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000