Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Pua Lokelani (Opinions needed!)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  11:31:43 AM  Show Profile
Keola, it doesn't work, no matter the source OS or font. We have tried these before and got the same result. It is certainly an issue with the shell's font translation at display time.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  11:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I looked into how to modify this forum to accept unicode but have not been able to figure it out yet.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  1:02:56 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Reid

Keola, it doesn't work, no matter the source OS or font. We have tried these before and got the same result. It is certainly an issue with the shell's font translation at display time.

...Reid

I never tried directly entering the Unicode escape sequences. Actually, the ones I typed with the Unicode Hawaiian keyboard on Mac show up fine on my computer, but the ampersand in the escape seqence got converted. Weird, because even the dual-bit characters didn't work for me.

Andy, I wouldn't bother trying to tweak it. You'd have to modify the CSS for the site to choose a couple of fonts on both Mac and PC that have the characters, and the encoding issue could be with the way for the database behind the site is configured. If it isn't set to UTF-8 then that could be the cause of the problem. Not something that you'd likely want to mess with unless you really know the database system behind the board and how it operates.

I noticed that the site template does not have the charset encoding specified, it should be set to UTF-8. See my page at:

http://www.olelo.hawaii.edu/enehana/unicode.php

Don't know if that alone would help or if the database is still an issue.
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  04:46:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Hi guys,

As some of you already know, my friend's friend recorded a very nice rendition of this mele. I would love for you guys to hear it, but I'm seem to e-mail it to anybody for a reason I don't know. Once I attach it and hit "send," a message comes up that says something like, "The file you attached could not be found. Do you want to send the message anyway?" The file is in itunes format which I have on my computer. I'm using Windows XP and my e-mail is @ comcast.net. I haven't had any other attaching problems. Any suggestions?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000