Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Who Da Guy Hawaii
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2007 :  07:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone know anything about www.whodaguyhawaii.com? A friend forwarded an email to me today. Just curious.

Andy

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2007 :  10:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
I don't know anything about it but appreciate the heads-up if there's going to be another online Hawaiian radio program available...

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  09:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Last item mentioned here:
http://starbulletin.com/2007/04/01/news/heckathorn.html

I know a guy who's working on the website with him.
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  07:19:21 AM  Show Profile
Ron Jacobs is a radio veteran -- legendary in Hawai`i, and on the mainland. He spoke at one of our Hawaiian Music Conferences last year...great stories from "da olden days" of island radio!

I'm looking forward to the launch of this new project of his...

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  7:01:27 PM  Show Profile
Does "The Coconut Wireless" ring a bell with you, Auntie Maria? Maybe this Ron Jacobs mentioned it? I loved listening to that station...

Julie
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  9:23:13 PM  Show Profile
Coconut wireless was KGU Ron Jacobs was on KPOI with Tom Moffat. They had crazy promos for the station in those days like grudge races at Roller Derby. Tom was the good guy and Ron was the bad guy. In the race Tom used regular skates and Ron used a go cart. Ron of course lost the race since only good guys win.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  08:46:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the feedback. Duh, I now see that Auntie Maria posted previously at Ron Jacobs - globalcasting from Kane`ohe.

I am looking forward to the launch.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Ron Jacobs
Aloha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  11:15:50 AM  Show Profile
Aloha from Kaneohe, Hawaii. I've been so busy building WHODAGUY HAWAII that I haven't checked who has visited the Beta site there now.

An exciting aspect of the new project is we are doing it without traditional" advertising and promotion. Haven't spent one cent of kala (yes, the Hawaiian word for "money) and don't intend to. The Internet, with cool bloggers like you people of divine taste and technical sophistication, spreads the word in amazing ways.

All of us who love Hawaii - its music for sure – are busy menehune making this thing something special. Mahalo for remembering my earlier stuff … for spreading the word about this awesome new thing ... and for treasuring the Greatest Place on Earth.

This wireless is going to drive you nuts - coconuts - brah.

The bio link at http://whodaguyhawaii.com/ has info about me, Da Guy, Oddly enough, it's all true. And Auntie Marie: So much aloha, dear, for the da kine kind words: Chicken skin for me to read - and a reason to do this the RIGHT way for us keiki o ka 'aina. Me ke aloha pumehana.

Whodaguy Ron Jacobs

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000