Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Pilioha CD release party
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

glennm
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  1:03:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit glennm's Homepage
Aloha to all,

This is to inform and invite all to our(Pilioha) public CD release party on Father's Day, Sunday, June 17th, 2007. It will be at Gordon Biersch on O'ahu from 5 -9 pm. Besides my trio, here is a list of friends that will be performing that evening:

Na Palapalai
Ledward Ka'apana
Vaihi
Holunape
Ernie Cruz Jr. and Imua Garza
Maunalua
Kaumakaiwa Lopaka Kanaka'ole
Kimo Kimokeo
Manu Boyd
The Punani Girls (from Kawika Trasks former bar known as Punanis)
and other surprise guests

Please come join us if you can for a night of celebration, food, drink, and great Hawaiian Music.

Mahalo,

Glenn c/o Pilioha

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  3:10:30 PM  Show Profile
Just a small soiree' with a few intimate friends, eh? Looks like we came home 6 weeks too soon. Congratulations on your release. The music you have on your web site is most excellent. I'll bet you guyz be one da Hoku winning kanes next year. We met Kamuela at Chai's when he was playing with Jerry Santos. Talked story a bit, even about TaroPatch.net.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  4:38:36 PM  Show Profile
I'll take lots of photos -- and will try to figure out how to get them posted someplace where you all can have a peek!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

glennm
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  6:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit glennm's Homepage
We just added Raiatea to that list also. Hope to see you all there. Mahalo, Glenn
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  8:17:40 PM  Show Profile
Geez, Glenn -- couldn't you find any GOOD talent???

See you Sunday!

Auntie Maria
===================
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  12:28:42 AM  Show Profile
Auntie -- don't forget you said you would take pictures. What a swell fun time you guys will have. Once again, Glenn, congratulations to you and the rest of the guys.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  09:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Glenn, I will try and make it. Sounds great! I still need to pick up your CD!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

glennm
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  9:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit glennm's Homepage
We also just added Barry Flangan to the list. I am so excited. I got to focus that day with all the great entertainment, I will be hard for me to not a spectator and to turn on the performance juices. I hope I can remember to charge up my video camera also. Aloha, Glenn
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  11:27:47 PM  Show Profile
You will have having your own personal "Na Hoku" show. All these wonderful musicians will be there to help you celebrate such an auspicious occasion, and all the wonderful friends you will have there supporting you are just a testiment to the high regard in which the other musicians must hold you. Enoy. While you are playing and enjoying that good music, Paul and I will be at the Cleveland Indians baseball game for Father's Day, and then enjoying dinner at Fat Fish Blue, a great Cajun restaurant -- former home of Robert Lockwood, Jr.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  11:34:13 AM  Show Profile
My apologies -- no photos.

The party was waaaaaaaay too much fun; I gave up taking video after 2:23 minutes (gotta buy a tripod!!). Music was awesome (and went well past the announced 9pm closing time) -- food was delicious, weather was warm but tradewinds and occasional passing showers made it bearable.

BTW, Maunlua announced that their new CD will be releasing later this summer (Bobby & Kahi promised me "not later than October, Auntie!"). Been waiting for this one for over two years...

Mahalo for the EXCELLENT seating, Glenn!

Auntie Maria
===================

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  11:34:51 AM  Show Profile
Ooops...that would be a new CD from _Maunalua_.

Auntie Maria
===================

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000