Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Cowtown for June
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  1:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Aloha All,
The second Sunday kani in Cowtown will go on as scheduled for June 10th from 12noon until 4pm. This month's kani will be dedicated to the memory of Keoki Lindsey who shared so much aloha with so many people, he will be missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him.
The location is,as always, the Green Beans Coffee World Cafe in Vacaville. See you there. Jerry

hibiscus58rn
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2007 :  8:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Send hibiscus58rn an AOL message
Jerry,

Thank you so much for dedicating the Kanikapila to my Dad. We are going to be in Hawaii for his final farewell otherwise, I'd be there! Sorry I didn't make the last one, however, Dad had his kani the same day. I am so thankful that I went to his! I obtained the music for 'E Ku'u Morning Dew' with the cords written in his handwriting. I danced that song for him at the services with his ukulele class singing it for me. I will never forget that.

He will be buried in Kaneohe with my mother on Friday, June 8th at the Hawaii State Veterans Cemetary. Services to be held at Borthwick Mortuary in Honolulu at 8am.

E Ku'u Morning Dew, alia mai alia mai, Malia Mai 'oe I ka'u e hea nei, E Kali Mai 'oe, Ia 'u nei, ia 'u nei, 'O wau iho no Me ke aloha.

(My morning dew, wait a moment. Pay attention to what I call out. Wait for me, wait for me. I remain yours with love.)
Hope to be able to come to the next kani.

Me Kealoha Pumehana,

Me Ke Aloha Pumehana
Debbie Lindsey Wood
Go to Top of Page

Gerry Capellino
Aloha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  11:37:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jerry
It's Keoki's oldest daughter, Gerry. As my sister said, we were still in Hawaii when your June Kani was dedicated to Dad. I want to thank all of you for honoring Dad's memory. He would have loved it! I hope to attend the July Kani to thank all of you in person and continue to sing the songs of our kupuna. With fond Aloha.
Gerry
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  3:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Hi Gerry,
Diana and I just returned from Hawaii and the Kahumoku Wordshop last night and we will miss the July Kani at the coffee shop as we will be traveling east for a motorcycle rally but the Kani will take place as usual so I am glad you plan to attend and share your beautiful singing again. I will be posting the July Kani for everyone soon and we will hope to see you all in Aug. Aloha, Jerry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000