Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Season's Greetings
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2002 :  11:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Just want to wish you all happy season's greetings and best wishes for the New Year. It's time to reflect on all those things for which we should be thankful and to make our new year's resolutions. Thank you for visting and posting at TaroPatch.net.

Mele Kalikimaka me ka Hau`oli Makahiki Hou!

Andy

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2002 :  12:23:37 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Andy laua o Taro Patch Ohana,

Yes, Happy Holidays to all!! Mahalo e Andy for giving us all this forum to connect and share with each other. It's great to see all this interest in Slack Key and Hawaiian culture from all over.

Let's all pray for Peace on Earth and share the aloha spirit.

Malama pono, >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2002 :  3:10:57 PM  Show Profile
aloha e Andy..

Thank you for our forum. In the middle of a bad day, I can sit and be with so many friends for a few moments, with only a keyboard.
It makes a difference.

With so much aloha to our Taropatch ohana,

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

Turtle Song
Aloha

47 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  12:26:18 PM  Show Profile
Wishing much love to all you slackers. Blessings on this blessed day.

For those who sorrow, I offer my prayers of love and healing. For those in loss, my you see your losses in their temporary, earthly nature.

Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted. (Matthew 5:4)

For those bound down by sorrows of the past, my you find healing.

Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh. (Luke 6:21)

For those rejoicing, I join my heart with yours.

I pray for all of you this day will be a day of peace, and of hope, even in the midst of a changing uncertain world.

I long for the day when we can meet on Pacific shores and share talk story, aloha and Ki Ho ‘alu.

Much Aloha, and Mele Kalikimaka,

Deborah

The seeds for the flowering of our personal peace are within our hopeful, but fragmented, selves. Reflection and silence compose the winds that nurture our simplicity that is the essence of beauty. - Frank Howell
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  3:18:22 PM  Show Profile
Mike.....I couldn't agree with you more....When things things do go bad, be with work or some other reason, to be amongst Friends.....even for just a moment here on TaroPatch, does indeed make a difference. Playing "Kiho'alu is also very healing. So whenever you have an opportunity to get together with others to Jam some Kiho'alu, by all means go! For myself and how things in life can get sometimes, is very healing for me. Take care Mike....I hope you and your Ohana had lots of presents from Santa! Ho! Ho! Ho! "Mele Kaliki Maka" to one and all....and to all a Wonderful Snow-White Christmas. Oh! Please send lots of it here in Maui, Hawaii! A Hui Hou!

slackkey Bill
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  3:44:48 PM  Show Profile
Andy! Popoki!

Aloha from the Valley Isle's Northshore of Paia, Maui! Well, at around midnight there was a power outage (on Christmas Morning!) It blacked-out Paia in a huge way! My Ohana and I were at home. My Wife was doing some cooking, I was watching television, my Daughter was upstairs, and my Son was in his room. Right in the middle of what we were doing, everything went black. Thank goodness for candlelights!

Anyways, Andy Mahalo Nui Loa for doing your part of Perpetuating "Hawaiian Slack Key" here on T/P. It's wonderful to know that it has not gone un-noticed, and above all else, enjoyed by many! You have indeed built a bridge that connects us all. Only, I wish we could just drive there to New Jersey, and the rest of the 49 States to "kanikajammapila" with all of you.

Andy! Popoki! You and your other halves enjoy this Merry Christmas Day. Eh Popoki! Wasssup Kawika!Too bad we no can wake up to one snow-white Christmas yeah! Auwe....I just going close my eyes and imagine that white powdery stuff on the ground....(Wow! It's beautiful!) Ai yah....opened my eyes....pau a'ready, no-mo snow, all melt.

Keep up keeping "Kiho'alu alive Andy! Maybe some day the bridge will connect us to all of you. A Hui Hou! Malama Pono.....

slackkey Bill
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  3:58:51 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning SlackkeyShelby!

Mele Kaliki Maka! Thank you for yor wonderful words of Praise. God has indeed Blessed us all with so many Friends here on TaroPatch. I had alot of fun playing Christmas Style Kiho'alu ( well tried to) did more of it on the ukulele! But nothing like "Silent Night in kiho'alu! Also White Christmas, and Silver Bells. Have you done some "Kiho'alu Christmas Slack Key Stylings"?

Take care, God Bless to you and all the rest. May our Lord Jesus Christs live within our Hearts forever. A Hui Hou!

slackkey Bill
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  11:02:10 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, Andy and to our cyber ohana, peace to you all!

Thanks, Andy for all of your hard work in getting this site together and bringing so many nice people together. Thanks to all of the members of this wonderful group of people for sharing your time, interest and aloha with me.

God has blessed us all with the gift of music. Thanks for helping me put this blessing to work.

God bless you all in the New Year, too.

Pops on the snow covered beaches of Lake Erie
Go to Top of Page

cdyas
Akahai

67 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  12:47:12 PM  Show Profile
Happy Holidays to all.

Thank you all for the support and inspiration shared on this amazing website. I have always dreamed of playing music and now I am playing slack key. It has brought much joy to my life.

Aloha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000