Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Paragon Guitar Giveaway -Really!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2002 :  4:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Heads UP!

Wanted to share this with y'all. Hopefully one of us might get lucky!

Paragon Guitars, run by two of the four guys who ran Haida Gwaii Guitars, and both ex-Larrivée R&D folks, are holding a giveaway of a brand new flamed maple Parlor guitar on January 11th. As far as I know, you have until the 11th to enter.

I've seen pictures of it in-progress, and it's a beauty.

AAAA Quilt Maple Parlour Guitar
Sitka Spruce Top
Herring Bone/Sterling Rosette
Martin style Headstock, slotted
Pyramid Bridge
Approximate MSRP: US$2400

It's free to enter, no tricks or anything; they're just starting-out as Paragon and want to get their name out there. So you should all enter, only if you could use yet another guitar that is

Go to this link and click on the "Files" button on the left, then select the newest version of the rules and read them carefully. Pretty simple.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/paragonguitars/

Good luck! Hey, if you win, I'd love to check it out some day.

Ross

Here'r some photos, start with the left "giveaway" folder:

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/paragonguitars/lst?.dir=/&.src=gr&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/&.view=t

Edited by - rossasaurus on 12/28/2002 01:53:07 AM

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2002 :  9:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
If you decide to enter, make sure you read the rules very carefully as Ross recommends...they are very specific as to what the subject of the email should be, what should be included in the email, and where it should be sent.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2002 :  11:27:52 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Ross! I entered but boy, what a confusing application process! Thanks again for the tip.

Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2002 :  01:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
yeah, I know, it was confusing.
Checked today; they have about 190 entries. Pretty good odds, yeah?

Ross
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2002 :  11:51:04 AM  Show Profile
Looks like a beauty. I'd love to win it to give to my son. Keep your fingers crossed!

Pops
Go to Top of Page

bantar76
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2002 :  12:03:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey guys!

Thanks to Rossasaurus for posting the giveaway! I have posted to forums all over the net, but not this one. My appologies for the confusing entry process, just wanted to try to minimize risk of having unscrupulous people from stuffing the ballot box, so to speak. Up to now, I have seen none of that. As for the exactness of the entry process, well as long as I have the entry form info, name, address, etc, the entries will be accepted.

Also on the group site, we do have some pix of Yusuke Kawakami's ukeleles, which are awesome. Yusuke is K. Yairi's nephew, son of many year production manager at Yairi Guitars. So come on over, take a look. I'm trying to get contact info to post there, too.

Thanks again to Ross, and good luck
Jeff

Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2002 :  2:15:20 PM  Show Profile
Bantar/Jeff,

No email? Then other folks, please forgive me. On www.FleaMarketMusic.com Frets Fayne, the answer man on the Collector's Uke Yak sub-page, is making a list of new uke builders. Yusuke Kawakami's ukuleles are beautiful and he should be included in the listing. It will be available to the public, though I'm not sure what Fayne has in mind. He needs contact info, descriptions, pictures, etc.

PS, I entered in the drawing for that lovely parlor, excuse me, parlour.

Ross, I forgot to thank you. Thank you!

Pauline

Pauline

Edited by - Pauline Leland on 12/28/2002 2:46:07 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000