Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 San Francisco Aloha Festival - 8/4 & 8/5
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  06:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
By now I hope everyone in or around the San Francisco Bay Area knows about the annual Pacific Islanders' Cultural Association Aloha Festival.

Here's a link: http://www.pica-org.org/AlohaFest/index.html

This annual free event features music, dance, food, and crafts representative of Pacific Island culture, and it's some good fun.

This will be the third year for my _beginner's_ slack key workshop, I hope everyone who came last year forgot everything because I'm doing basically the same presentation <grin>. If anyone practiced the material I taught last year, we'll have a special advanced class after the regular workshop <big goofy grin>.

Here's another link, this time to the workshop schedule. Note that the esteemed Hiram Bell (hikabe) will be teaching `ukulele right after the slack key session on both days: http://www.pica-org.org/AlohaFest/ed_tent_schedule_2007.htm

Also check out the schedule of performers, many TP members will be on stage: http://www.pica-org.org/AlohaFest/entertainment_schedule_2007.htm

Hope to see you there,
Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  07:38:24 AM  Show Profile
Fran and Hiram put on excellent workshops. Get there early to get a seat, because these guys fill up the tent. I'll be there on Sunday. If anyone's interested in an informal kanikapila at the Aloha Festival on Sunday morning at 9:30A, see my posting: http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5470 . If you come early, you get good parking, you can kapu a good location near the stage, and (hopefully) you can kanikapila with other Taropatchers.

Aloha,

Doug

Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  11:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
What fun!!! Mahalo Fran and Lynn, Mary Leong, Kaleo and PICA, Kawika, Doug and Pono, Cynthia and Lawrence, Kathi, Rod, Kevin and all the other slackers and friendly faces in the ed-tent, for helping make the SF Aloha Fest workshops an unforgetable Hawaiian experience.
Aloha... Hiram and Kit

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  2:07:16 PM  Show Profile
Howzit?

I'm glad I got to catch Fran and Hiram's duet on Sat in da Ed Tent. Awesome you guys. Hiram's workshop was awesome. I thought he was goin buss out all da physics behind da wave equation and derive all da harmonics fo da ukulele strings ... ha ha ha. Reminded me of all my quantum mech. classes :-)

I hope you guys goin be back again nex yea!

tanks fo all da hard work eh!

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

hibiscus58rn
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  6:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Send hibiscus58rn an AOL message
Everyone was wonderful. It was nice to see friendly familiar faces and awesome talent. Hiram and Kit rocked with All along The Watchtower. Impressive. Thanks Kit. Hiram, you have a fabulous young player in your midst. He gets better every year. I missed Fran's workshop. I was too busy watching The Temple Bar Ukulele group. They were wonderful to watch. Auntie Mary can sure play a mean Uke. Good fun, can't wait til next year.

Me Ke Aloha Pumehana
Debbie Lindsey Wood
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  11:49:03 PM  Show Profile
Kden...who has pictures for sharing with your Taro Patch pals?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  05:33:27 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo Doug for organizing the kanikapila Sunday morning, even though some of us had to slip away to the stage. It was great fun, hope we can do every year.
Auwe! I missed Fran's workshop as I was playing with the Templebar Royal Hawaiian 'Ukulele Band. (sigh) just can't do everything.
Mahaloo for your kind words, Debbie, I'll pass them along to Auntie Mary at rehearsal tonight.
And anyone is welcome to come and join us, beginner or advanced, whatevahs. Tuesday evening at the Templebar on University (between Eighth and Ninth) in Berkeley, 7:30, e komo mai.

cathe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000