Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Luau Week
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  06:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
We're all excited because it's finally here. The week prior to the Luau is always a very busy one but it also means that the time has come....finally.

I know it's been mentioned before but here's what's happening.

Tom Hutchison will be warming up the crowd with some slack key tunes.

Bill Keale is going to be performing with brother Mike, and cousin Walt as well as Kimo Naylon. Mike and Kimo play together on a regular basis in Hawaii. Walt's group just won a couple of Na Hoku Hanohano awards.

Georg Kuo, Aaron Mahi, and Martin Pahinui kick off their mainland tour at the Luau.

There's the Hokulea Dancers too!

At the end of this week we'll be transforming the venue into a tropical setting with grass skirting, tiki huts, tiki torches, and Hawaiian style decorations.

All the food you can eat. Kalua pork, lomi lomi salmon, teriyaki chicken, rice, mac salad, green salad, and desert...and Kimo brings poi from the Islands.

Great fun, great food, and authentic Hawaiian music!

We already have people coming from as far away as Bellvue Wa, Montana, and the Tri-Cities area of Wa. If you are nearby, you should make plans to be here. This is a 4 to 5 hour party that is well worth the trip and the price of admission. Plus the funds raised go to help special needs children of Central Oregon.

Here's the link to more info and ticket sales.

www.billkeale.com/luau

Hope to see some of you T-Patchers there.

Oh yeah, Kanikapila/pot luck at my place Sunday at noon.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!

Edited by - Podagee57 on 08/06/2007 06:49:17 AM

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  07:47:06 AM  Show Profile
Eh Podagee - yunz guys in for some fun and good eats. I am telling you, with the voices of `Ohana Keale and then Martin/Aaron/George --- whooo-eee....it just doesn't get any better. Martin is just the sweetest guy...and such a sweet voice. Get him to sing E Nei.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  2:25:28 PM  Show Profile
Podagee57:

As you know, we'll be driving down Friday from Olympia Washington for the big event and are enthusiastically looking forward to meeting you and any other Taropatcher's who might be there! My taste buds are humming thinking about all that good food and we are sooooo looking forward to the entertainment!

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  8:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
Hey John, I know that Maggie Matoba (MahinaM) is bringing some of her gang from Eugene and Richard Wasserman (Kaulele) is coming from Salem. So there's at least a couple of other T-patchers you'll get to meet. See ya soon.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000