Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Sept 2nd Manhattan Beach
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  10:11:22 AM  Show Profile
Aloha and calling all SoCal slackers - -
Sunday of a holiday weekend seems to make for light travel along the 5/405/101 etc so if you're in town, c'mon over! Plan for 1:00 and we'll have kau kau; probably as we get started, then later too. And we should be able to be outside and inside - spread around or group together.
It is the weekend of Hula Mau in Long Beach so we'll miss a few folks.
Please do RSVP. Mahalo!!
auntie nancy

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  10:47:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
Vicki and I are planning to make it.
Go to Top of Page

kaniala5
Akahai

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  06:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Send kaniala5 a Yahoo! Message
I plan to attend. It will be my first kanikapila in SoCal with Taro Patchers.

Look for reasons to be happy rather than excuses to be miserable.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  04:34:22 AM  Show Profile
It'll be good to see everyone. Plan on staying as long as you'd like since some folks will be coming from E Hula Mau. Several of us from the workshop on Maui are working on Ka Uluwehi O Ke Kai and we're looking forward to hearing more experienced versions, including a good lead-in vamp.
Also, we'll have a good bass player - that will be a treat! So come on for a good time and good music! You need not RSVP here, most haven't....
See you next Sunday when you get here.
aloha!!
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  4:00:52 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Nancy for a GREAT party. It was great meeting Daniel and reconnecting with camp friends Linda, Dick and Scott. It's always fun getting together with Bill and Vicki.

There was great music and food (and beer ).

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 09/03/2007 4:10:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

kaniala5
Akahai

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  1:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Send kaniala5 a Yahoo! Message
The kanikapila was a lot of fun. There was a lot more than slack key going on which made it interesting. Seeing Rabbit there remindided me of my childhood summers in Waikiki surfing with the tourists and canoes. I can still here Rabbit yelling "Hyaku" at the kepani.

Look for reasons to be happy rather than excuses to be miserable.
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  06:49:33 AM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Hey Nancy,
Sorry to have missed the kani, looks like you had a good time as usual.
I have sent you a couple of emails lately with no reply; have you changed your email address? If so, send me the new one ok? I have new stuff on soundclick to share. Jerry

Edited by - jlsulle on 09/07/2007 06:50:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  09:50:50 AM  Show Profile
Nancy,
Sorry to have missed it. Bill and Dusty gave me a fine report.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

keneke ka
Akahai

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  1:55:07 PM  Show Profile
There was BEER ?
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  6:32:53 PM  Show Profile
Any time Dusty and Bill are involved. They are home-brewers of the medal winning class. We actually called a get together at Dusty or Bill's house a KANIKAPILSNER!

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  05:46:21 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mika ele

Any time Dusty and Bill are involved. They are home-brewers of the medal winning class. We actually called a get together at Dusty or Bill's house a KANIKAPILSNER!

Actually, Bill and Ken Schmidt are the brewers. I'm just a beer drinker trainee...

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  08:09:28 AM  Show Profile
OK here's the deal....
There's still beer left in the fridge - - so we need to do it again very soon, OK?
Terry and Mary should be back from Hawai`i soon. We need to wait a couple weeks 'til Dusty and Sheila get back from Japan. Are Keneke Ka and Doug finished fishing for the summer?? I'll have to check his name again, but someone might come from Goleta - about as far away as Dusty in the other direction. Kaniela - that is west of you. If we do it on a Saturday, Henry Kamae promises to come (excused if paying gig comes up, of course). I'm thinking many of us will be at the Cerritos Ukulele Festival on the 6th - by the way, the guys from Bob's will be at the gi-normous jam session the night before so maybe no music in Gardena that night. The 20th is Pilioha in Redondo Beach, and Herb and Daniel will be in Whittier on the 27th. So what does October 13th look like? Or what have I forgotten?
Don't forget The Women of Slack Key will be at Cerritos the first Wed in November - that's Cindy, Darleen and Brittni. Wouldn't it be fun to have Led's sister Lehua show up??
Well, anyway - keep in contact and thanks so much for trekking in the heat last weekend to the land of no A/C.
mahalo and aloha!!
auntie nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000