Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Tacoma-area Kanikapila 8/18
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  6:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Hawaiian music fans:

The core group from the Seattle kanikapila group (aka "Lei Mele" when we go public) will host a special kanikapila in the Tacoma area this weekend.

We'll be playing at L&L Hawaiian Barbecue (the Lakewood location in Lakewood Towne Centre at 10417 Gravelly Lake Dr, Lakewood 98499) on Saturday, August 18th, from 5 to 7:30 pm.

Drop by to listen (and eat, of course) . . . or join us with your guitar, `ukulele, ipu heke or hula talent!

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  7:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Have fun, youse guys! Wish we could join in.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  03:37:21 AM  Show Profile
I'll try to make it. Still something hanging with Hans. I'll let Uncle Zeke know about it, he lives only close.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  08:39:18 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by thumbstruck

I'll try to make it. Still something hanging with Hans. I'll let Uncle Zeke know about it, he lives only close.

I'm not sure. If I get the house ready for the SFS picnic (1516 NE 90th, Seattle - 3 to 9 pm)in time, I'll come down after my Auntie Nani gig.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  11:23:19 AM  Show Profile
This L&L location (Lakewood/Tacoma) has now expressed interest in hosting a regular kanikapila session . . . and the local independent music store's manager has indicated that they will lend whatever support they can (free strings, publicity, etc.) . . . so I hope the event on Saturday (8/18) will create the opportunity to meet other players that are interested in jamming in the South Puget Sound area.

Even if you can't join us this weekend, feel free to send me your contact info so I can create a list of those that may be interested.

Don/Doc/Cookie
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  9:18:58 PM  Show Profile
Time permitting I will participate as much as possible.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  10:29:44 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo, Al! I look forward to playing more with you (and learning from you, too)!

Don/Doc/Cookie
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  6:46:03 PM  Show Profile
So how did it turn out?

Julie

(Should be in Tacoma around end of September, I'll be sure to go find L&L.)
Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  7:49:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie . . . we had lots of fun . . . check your email (and the Seattle area experiment section)!

Don
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  11:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
Aloha, all you Sea-Tac area slackers...
Will any of you be "doin' the Puyallup" this coming weekend, Sept 14, 15, 16? I will be drawing caricatures at my Dad's booth in the Arts & Crafts building most of those days. I'd enjoy meeting you, and maybe even do a drawing at da special Taropatch discount...
Aloha nui,
T. Dan (from So-Cal)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000