Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 MD: Makaha Sons, Hoku Zuttermeister, Keoki & Herb
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  10:04:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message

Saturday, Sept 29, 2007
7 pm - $32/$27

The Makaha Sons
Hoku Zuttermeister
Keoki Kahumoku & Herb Ohta, Jr.

Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
Dekelboum Concert Hall
University of Maryland Campus, College Park, MD

www.makahasons.com

Andy

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  12:09:41 PM  Show Profile
We got the 5th row seats! Woo-hoo. Can't wait. Plus, Maryland crab cakes. I am the connoisseur of crab cakes.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  12:25:43 PM  Show Profile
Eh Wanda ... have fun!

Good news fo da west coast peeps too ... dey goin be playing in Stockton at UOP Oct 13, 6pm

http://calendar.lodinews.com/events/show/902741-Makaha-Sons-and-Friends-Live-in-Concert

If can, can. If no can, no can.

Edited by - da_joka on 08/22/2007 12:26:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

HerbJr
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  5:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit HerbJr's Homepage
Aloha Everyone,

I am looking forward to being in Maryland again. Last year was my first time with The Makaha Sons and Daniel Ho. This year in addition to The Makaha Sons, we also have Hoku Zuttermeister and Grammy three-time Grammy Award artist Keoki Kahumoku.

Everyone knows that Moon, John, and Jerome are simply the best hawaiian group...by far.
I owe them a lot of thanks because other than my Dad, the boys are the other reason why I am playing the 'ukulele today. When I was 17-years-old, I heard one of their recordings, then soon after, started playing the 'ukulele again and started to play hawaiian music.

Hoku Zuttermeister is the fastest growing artist in Hawai'i today. He is not a rookie in terms of the music business. He has been performing professionally for many years and his Cd has been on the top-10 list form many weeks at all retail stores!

Keoki Kahumoku is a three-time Grammy Award winning artist. He is the son of Hawaiian Slack-key guitar master George Kahumoku. He has a unique guitar style and sings from his heart like no one else. He has two solo recordings and three duets with me.

We also have Hula from Halau O 'Aulani.

Writing about this concert gets me excited. I have tremendous respect for all of the artist and wish sometimes I can just sit in the audience and enjoy this line-up. Great music and Hula in Marlyland. WOW! We are all looking forward to this and hope to see you in Maryland.

Aloha,
Herb Ohta, Jr.

Herb Ohta, Jr.
www.herbohtajr.com
www.hojfc.com
www.herbohtajr.net
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  6:51:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Herb,

But I didn't see your name for the Stockton gig. Will you not be there? Anyway, I'll see you at Don Quixote's on the 12th.

Cheers!

Julie
Go to Top of Page

HerbJr
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  08:05:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit HerbJr's Homepage
Hi Julie,

No.
I won't be at Stockton. It will be a great concert!
Looking forward to seeing you in Santa Cruz next month!

Herb, Jr.

quote:
Originally posted by Julie H

Hi Herb,

But I didn't see your name for the Stockton gig. Will you not be there? Anyway, I'll see you at Don Quixote's on the 12th.

Cheers!

Julie

Herb Ohta, Jr.
www.herbohtajr.com
www.hojfc.com
www.herbohtajr.net
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  10:08:38 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Herb - you guys got one hillbilly lady and one Italian man coming all the way from Cleveland, OH. A trip well worth it. This is the closest we can get to good Hawaiian music. Thanks for presenting the opportunity to us.

Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the folks on September 29.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

LovinLK
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  6:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit LovinLK's Homepage  Send LovinLK a Yahoo! Message
And a big Hau 'Oli La Hanau to John. He turns 47 today.

Lovin' Lee is my favorite pasttime!!

Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  7:11:50 PM  Show Profile
Andy, I really wish I could see you play ... but being in CA ... sigh. Maybe one day you goin come out hea eh???? I tink dis ohana you wen grab togeddah is so awesome.

Herb, I jus saw on your website dat you goin be at da Fair Oaks Borders Sept 15 eh? I live about 45 minutes from dea ... see you den! Love your music.

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

HerbJr
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  10:39:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit HerbJr's Homepage
Aloha Everyone,

Thank you for the kind comments.
Just talked to Keoki Kahumoku the other day and he is going to bring this new Cd that features artist from the Big Island like Sonny Lim, Kevin Kealoha, and of course Keoki himself. I believe that Keoki had some part in coordinating this recording with Sonny Lim. It is on Daniel Ho's label. I heard it already and it sounds great.
I will also have my new Cd, "'Ukulele Journey" with me.

I don't normally post much, but I check everyday and read posts! It is great to see so many people enthusiastic about Hawaii and its music! I am honored to be a part of Taropatch's community! Thanks Andy for allowing all of us to express our love for the islands, the artist, and the music!

Aloha,
Herb, Jr.

Herb Ohta, Jr.
www.herbohtajr.com
www.hojfc.com
www.herbohtajr.net
Go to Top of Page

HerbJr
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  10:44:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit HerbJr's Homepage
Also,

Wanda.... That is a long way. Looking forward to seeing you in MD!

da joka..... Hope to see you at Borders! Should be fun with David Kamakahi and Jon Yamasato!

Herb, Jr.

Herb Ohta, Jr.
www.herbohtajr.com
www.hojfc.com
www.herbohtajr.net
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  05:29:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
I have had my tickets for so long it seems it will never get here this is as close as Hawaiian Kine music ever gets to us we live at the beach in Delaware and when I sit around playing very few people have any idea what a Ukulele is or have ever heard 1/2 of the songs I try to play.

Wanda we will be in row F (6) center I got my tickets the first day they were available and could pick and they advised not to close or you can not see everthing hope they were right.
Can not wait it is ALMOST as good as a trip well not really but it will get us to Feb...
Aloha,
Nancy

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  05:48:14 AM  Show Profile
Nancy - We will be in the row in front of you. You'll find Paul very distinctive -- he looks like Jerry Garcia from the Grateful Dead...big guy, big beard. Hope to see you then and enjoy some wonderful music.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  4:00:50 PM  Show Profile
My picture is posted at my profile, no thanks to me,'cause I'm lost with this 'puter stuff. Wanda's is on hers also. Just look for the cute chick with the old crow, that'll be us.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

HerbJr
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  03:11:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit HerbJr's Homepage
Aloha,

For those of you who are making it to the concert:
I've been getting emails from people that are requesting for Keoki and I to perform together. If we do, just wondering if there are any song requests?

Herb, Jr.

Herb Ohta, Jr.
www.herbohtajr.com
www.hojfc.com
www.herbohtajr.net
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  03:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Wanda I hope you find all the crabcakes you can eat! I live on the water and used to catch the buggers now to lazy just buy em.

Make sure to have some hardshells while in MD there is nothing like them anywhere else. Love that Old Bay seasoning.

We will be looking for you guys. Can not wait!

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000