Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Herb Ohta jr and Daniel Ho, Whittier
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  06:10:09 AM  Show Profile
This is just a reminder that Herb and Daniel will be in Whittier this Saturday. Since there are 2 shows, 3:00 and 8:00, there are most likely still tickets available. The website is: ShannonCenter.org If you check out Alohajoe.com and get the password, then call, you get a $3 discount, therefor only $32/ticket - great bargain. There will also be live local music on the patio for about an hour before each performance.
Anyone else coming to the 3:00 performance?
Aloha!

Leimomi
Aloha

5 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  9:56:12 PM  Show Profile
Herb,

The 2 of you in concert, will be great. The 2 of you always put on a wonderful concert,and have fun on stage.
Good luck.

Aloha,
Leimomi
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  06:43:25 AM  Show Profile
Actually Yvette and others, this was a performance of 6. The other musicians are from Daniel's old band Kilauea, and we were honored to have Nani Edgar and her friend whose name escapes me, dancing. Since we didn't see the elder Edgars, I'm assuming that fire captain (chief?) Lowell is still actively working fires.
But to the facts:
Herb MC-ed the first half of the concert extremely well. He played some of his amazingly beautiful flying finger ukulele music, later on backed up by Daniel's pals Steve Billman on 5-string bass and Randy Drake on drums. After intermission, Daniel was showcased/MC playing the piano and guitar - in one number he played both! By the way, except for one song in Kilauea tuning, he played in standard tuning. The show was a surprise with a wide variety of musical styles. Towards the end, Daniel and Randy did a thing with drum sticks where they "played" with each other. It's hard to describe, but a whole lot of fun and energy. Nani and her friend's dancing was some hula, but several numbers hula-inspired choreographed by Puanani Edgar.
The whole show was a lot of fun. Hopefully you will find someplace to catch it and enjoy as much as I did.
Mahalo nui to the Shannon Center for sponsoring this event!!
aloha,
nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000