Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Bob's Okazuya Ohana
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  04:50:07 AM  Show Profile
Aloha!
I keep talking about going to Bob's for music and good kau kau. Last night was a very special treat for me, in a back door sort of way. Because of gigs, for the first 2 hours only Henry Kamae and Pete Kahele were there. Instead of steel, Pete played slack key with his guitar tuned to taropatch. Henry played his 5-string Uke using lots of finger-picking style and sang with his beautiful clear voice. Later when Joe Aki and Roger Waialai came, Pete switched to steel and the other 2 played standard tuning. The music continued to be very enjoyable and there were quite a few dancers. The Class of 1956 from one of the high schools in Hawai`i had fair representation and first the guys danced, and then the gals. What fun! I think they did the dances that they had done at graduation.
As always, if you're ever in the LA area, be sure to check out this "local joint" in Gardena. Gardena had the biggest Hawaiian population outside Hawai`i until Las Vegas took over that title a few years ago.
Enjoy!
n
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000