Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Makaha Sons sold out in NYC
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  12:46:30 AM  Show Profile
Just got the following e-mail from Makaha Sons Newsletter. I am very impressed that they have sold out in NYC. They should be well practiced by the time we see them in Maryland.

The Makaha Sons have just sold out their 7pm show at The Triad in New York on September 25 and are very appreciative for all of the support of their East Coast fans that will be in attendance.

A possibility remains for the Sons to do a 9pm show if there is enough interest from fans who don’t yet have tickets for their New York appearance. We are collecting names and email addresses of anyone interested in purchasing tickets for a second show at 9pm and if we gather a sufficient number of interested fans, the Sons have agreed to do the second performance.

If you haven’t purchased your tickets for The Triad or know of anyone who might be interested in the second show at 9pm, please contact Kawikanui by email and he will add your name and email address to the list of interested fans. Here’s Kawikanui’s email address:

kawikanui @ makahasons.com

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 08/30/2007 12:47:36 AM

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  01:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

The Makaha Sons have just sold out their 7pm show at The Triad in New York on September 25 and are very appreciative for all of the support of their East Coast fans that will be in attendance.

My understanding is that The Triad has a maximum seating capacity of 153.

A Hawaiian music act has not "sold out" an average-sized east coast venue in pretty much the history of Hawaiian music, but especially in the last 20 years. Neither Raiatea nor the Makaha Sons could fill the modest-sized Danny Kaye Playhouse at Hunter College, nor could Keali`i Reichel fill Town Hall to capacity. And forget about Carnegie Hall: It is difficult to do a Hawaiian music show there because of the demoralizing effect of so many empty seats (and the price tag for the producers).

And this is not the fault of these fantastic entertainers or even of the promoters. For some reason - and I have been saying this for two decades - east coast Hawaiian music fans do not come out and support live music. I don't know why.

I think it's great that the Makaha Sons are going the way of Hapa and the Dancing Cat artists who frequently play smaller venues. They get only the most appreciative people and they can be assured that they have covered their margins - and don't have to be preoccupied with hundreds of empty seats.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  10:02:21 AM  Show Profile
Looks like there will be a second Makaha Sons concert in NYC.
---------------
Aloha friends,

We have been sent an overwhelming amount of email requests for a 9pm performance at The Triad in New York and the Sons have approved the 9pm show! Mahalo to all of you for your continued support of the Makaha Sons and Hawaiian Music in general.

We have said this before, but please always remember that it is the truth; the Makaha Sons truly do appreciate all of you, the fans, for your support and the many kind emails and letters that you send.

Just go to the Sons’ ticket page to purchase your tickets for the 9pm show. Please keep in mind that all tickets sold as of now will be for the 9pm show.

http://www.sharleneoshiro.com/shop/Makaha_Sons/ms_concert_tickets.html

Take care everyone and mahalo for spending some time with us!

Sharlene and Kawikanui

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  10:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Yes, a second show has been added for 9pm. This will be a great opporunity to see the Sons and Hoku Zuttermeister in an intimate setting.

I saw a friend (along with 2000 National Fingerstyle Champion Pete Huttlinger) perform at the Triad last year. It is a nice venue, and there shouldn't be a bad seat in the house.

I plan to be at the 7pm show so hope to see you there!

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000