Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 San Francisco `Ukulele Festival
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mike2jb
Lokahi

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  10:31:59 AM  Show Profile
Well, I don’t have a ticket to Jake Shimabukuro’s sold out show this evening, but if you do or if you’re around these parts tomorrow (Sept. 8), don’t miss the San Francisco `Ukulele Festival in Yerba Buena Gardens. It’s free!

I think the line-up is approximately as follows:

10:55 - Opening Oli by: Kumu Hula Shawna Kealameleku'uleialoha Alapa'i
11:00 - The UFOs ('Ukulele Friends Ohana)
11:25 - Kimo Hussey
11:50 - Carey Camacho
12:15 - Al Dodge and the Tin Pan Haoles
12:45 - Faith Ako
1:15 - The Victor Ohana Band
1:45 - Ukulele Ray
2:00 - Tippy Canoe and the Paddlemen
2:25 - The Frisky Frolics
2:55 - The Paper Dolls
3:00 - Festival Finale with special guests

I’ve gotta work, but I hope to get over there at least at lunchtime, if only to see what a “Tin-Pan Haole” looks like.

Unsubstantiated rumors around here have it that Jake may be one of the 3:00 “special guests.”

Edited by - mike2jb on 09/07/2007 10:32:50 AM

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  11:04:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I sure like Faith Ako. I've got her latest LP and it is way good. That looks like quite the line up.

Tippy Canoe and the Paddlemen? What about and Tyler, too.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  2:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Kimo Hussey (devastating `ukulele virtuoso, heckuvva good slack key player, terrific singer too) will be in the SF Bay Area for a few days, so in addition to the Uke Fest gig he'll be dashing across the Golden Gate to play with Ka'ala Carmack at Pacific Catch in Corte Madera some time around 2 PM. Then that evening he will come back across the bridge to sit in with Hiram Bell (hikabe) at the SF Hukilau.

On Sunday he's doing a workshop with Ka'ala Carmack. I'm not sure if this is open to the public or limited to Ka`ala's Jtown Hui. Then at 3 PM he's over to Berkeley to do a workshop, then a dinner break, then a concert at Mike DaSilva's ukulele shop/concert venue http://www.ukemaker.com

On Monday he's headed to Santa Cruz for a workshop and an evening jam/concert/SC Uke Club meeting.

So this weekend is an embarrassment of riches for our household. Lynnie is doing a fund raiser spaghetti feed/show for her halau, Kimo is running around all over the place, and I'm trying to figure out what to play at Led's shows.

Other comments on the lineup at the First Annual SF Uke Fest -
I'm a big fan of Kumu Shawna.
The UFO is a marvelous group of friends/uke enthusiasts who meet weekly for a pot luck/song circle. I've tried to get them hooked into Taropatch but no luck so far.
Faith Ako is the bomb. She owns any stage she stands on.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000