Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Article about wcerto in Star Bulletin
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  12:48:06 AM  Show Profile
A friend just called this to my attention -- it appears to have been printed about a year ago. Have a chuckle. However, I was dead serious aabout this. I think the topic was my first post or so on Taro Patch and you guys, especially Sarah and Menpachi Man, helped me enormously figure this out.

http://starbulletin.com/2006/09/17/features/memminger.html

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

mike2jb
Lokahi

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  04:36:00 AM  Show Profile
quote:
The Honolulu Star Bulletin said:

"...Certo doesn't seem to be one of your run-of-the-mill crackpots."

Well, Wanda, at least you have proof in print. In my case, my friends and family say the jury is still out.

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  07:47:52 AM  Show Profile
Bwa-ha-ha. Goes to show the newspaper man knows nothing. Well, maybe I am not run of the mill, but for the rest of it...

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  09:31:33 AM  Show Profile
Pretty funny story...
...Congrats on the relative fame

quote:
(For those of you not from Cleveland, "pilikia" means "really weird stuff.")
So, if they talk like that in Cleveland, do they even talk like that in Arkansas?

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  09:38:30 AM  Show Profile
Musta been them pesky menehune hackers again!
I tole dem to knock off the okolehau and stop buggin da taro patch!

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  11:11:36 AM  Show Profile
Mika ele - where do you come upwith those sayings? That's kind of like someone saying, "I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."

Or kinda like Henny Youngman..."Take my wife. Please." By the way, why don't we hear of funny Jewish comedians anymore like in the old days with Shecky Green and Mort Sahl and dem? You know, the "Borscht Belt" comics? I guess they have been replaced by rednecks, yeah? I heard Gallagher on the radio this morning. Turns out he is from Lorain, Ohio, just about 30 miles from here.

I like the baseball one especially.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  12:08:27 PM  Show Profile
Dear Pilikia - You have my utmost apologies. Or maybe you should have them from the nupepa kane. Well, I am sure he would apologize most profusely as well.

E kala mai.

Shaka. \m/

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  01:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha! Interesting article. I don't know if I can explain how it happened. Sometimes weird things happen unexpectedly. Did you hear about what happened to the Beatles? They wrote "Eleanor Rigby," and when they were pau, they went to the church that they were referring to in the song, and there was a grave of someone named Eleanor Rigby right near it and they didn't even know it when they wrote it. Isn't that freaky?

'Alika

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  02:01:00 AM  Show Profile
And if you play Strawberry Fields backwards, it says "I buried Paul". And one or another of their records was supposed to say "turn me on dead man" at the end of it. And on the Abbey Road album, Paul was walking barefoot and that was supposed to be a sign of death. But as we all know, Sir Paul McCartney has survived and thrived (well, except for the alimony thing).

But there are plenty of true chicken skin stories out there. At least I learned about the mele, and I started on my journey to write a mele and the story (every word true, brah) has introduced me to so many fine folks, like the TP `ohana.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  04:20:17 AM  Show Profile
Very funny piece, well written -- you can see why ka mea kakau (the author) won a Newspaper Columnists First Place Award in 2004 for humor writing! Wanda, I'd forgotten this incident, but now recall your asking about it way back when.

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000