Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Ho`olohe Hou - Coming Attractions...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  2:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
I will be in Hawai`i for nearly three weeks. So I have recorded the next three Ho`olohe Hou programs well in advance. Here's what's in store...

September 16th, 2007

• A tribute to composer and hula master Helen Desha Beamer featuring 20 of her compositions performed by Nina Keali`iwahamana, Charles K.L. Davis, Sam Bernard, Marcella Kalua, Bill Kaiwa, Marlene Sai, the Brothers Cazimero, `Ale`a, and Helen's grandson, falsetto legend Mahi Beamer
  • Out-of-print classics from the Hula Records catalog including Myra English, Tony Lindsey, Agnes Malabey Weisbarth, Vicki Ii, and The Sons of Hawai`i
  • Birthday tributes to falsetto great Joe Keawe and Japanese falsetto singer George Matsush*ta
September 23rd, 2007

• Remastered treasures from the Hula Records catalog including Vicki Ii, Genoa Keawe, and Agnes Malabey Weisbarth
  • Birthday tributes to singers Billy Gonsalves and Charles K.L. Davis
  • The compositions of Johnny Noble performed by Moe Keale, Linda Dela Cruz, Ilima Baker, Leinaala Haili, Ed Kenney, Pua Almeida, and Lena Machado
  • An out-of-print classic from singer and slack key guitarist Gary Haleamau
September 30th, 2007

• Hawaiian music in the 1970s and 80s featuring Loyal Garner, Rodney Arias, Al Lopaka, Na Keonimana, and Karen Keawehawai`i
  • Early versions of Hawaiian standards from Andy Cummings, Pauline Kekahuna, Danny Kua`ana, Lena Machado, and Honey Kalima
  • Birthday tributes to singer/bandleader Ray Kinney and singer/DJ Sam Kapu
  • An out-of-print classic from Genoa Keawe

You can always find each week's playlist on my blog at www.hoolohehou.com. Ho`olohe Hou airs Sunday at 9:30am PST, 12:30pm EST, and 6:30am HST.

Enjoy!

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  6:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Sweet. Looking forward to it.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  12:54:04 PM  Show Profile
I keep missing it. Not at my computer on Sunday mornings.
That is the nice thing about podcasts, can record when it airs and play back when have time.
Too bad I can't TIVO Ho'olohe Hou!

Bill,
Keep up the good work. I keep listening to the old podcasts over and over -- GOOD STUFF!

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  1:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mika ele

I keep missing it. Not at my computer on Sunday mornings.
That is the nice thing about podcasts, can record when it airs and play back when have time.
Too bad I can't TIVO Ho'olohe Hou!
You can - sort of! Ask Norm Markowitz about the software he purchased to automatically timer record the stream.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  1:43:03 PM  Show Profile
Since you asked.... Replay AV 8. Get the package with Replay Converter included. Works well....as long as the station doesn't lose power and you have your computer on!!

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000