Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 You tube - Lesson - Ka Uluwehi o ke Kai
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  01:08:32 AM  Show Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfYAQTdYOWg

Lesson to learn to play Ka Uluwehi o ke Kai on guitar.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

bubba
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  05:39:54 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo for this site as there is much to be seen there including lots of hula, Hapa, Kindy Sproat and the ever popular "Adult Hula Girl Swim Dance."
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  07:59:35 AM  Show Profile
The instructor is Mitch Chang. This is Not the whole song; and anyone using it owes Mitch one Spam Musubi. As you probably gathered, he put it up there for me one day when I was frustrated. Mitch is an excellent musician; look for him promoting slack in the future. He's one more person you miss if you don't come to Bob's. Also, he will be here at my kani on Oct 13th so if you're here, you're in for a real treat (well, to me that's every time anyone comes actually).

So Bubba, who are you and where are you?

Edited by - Pua Kai on 09/16/2007 08:00:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  12:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Nancy - when I heard him say this is for Nancy and she owes me spam musubi, I wondered if it was you. How cool. He seems to be a most excellent instructor. Paul was listening to it with guitar in hand. Good thing we got a musubi mold at Longs. Got the nori in the cupboard right now.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  07:19:01 AM  Show Profile
tanks fo da post wanda ... I wen learn some ukulele songs from Mitch ... he one good teacha no? Now I no can wait fo get home tonight fo try dis one out. He wen teach one whole verse eh, so all we gotta do is repeat da ting couple times eh?

I tink i owe da buggah choke spam musubi already ... Mitch if you out dea on da TP, tanks eh! You da bomb.

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

tafkam1
Lokahi

USA
320 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  6:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit tafkam1's Homepage
you all owe me spam musubi or cash equivalent. haha!

i'd heard of this website before but never came on until nancy mentioned it in an email today so i thought i'd take a look and lo and behold - people stay talking 'bout me! right on! thanks for the kind words, guys - just for that i will put up a slack key vid on youtube just for you (look me up under tafkam1 and give me good ratings and comments!). maybe i could do the slack key version of one of the songs i already did on the uke but whatever you like.

as nancy said, stay tuned because i stay planning one big show to come soon to socal - i promise, you won't want to miss it!!!

lots of aloha,

mitch
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  9:34:34 PM  Show Profile
Cool. You like 'em with cheese on top or insi?

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 09/17/2007 9:34:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  12:43:02 AM  Show Profile
Mitch - not only are you a very fine player and make beautiful music, you have the right heart and mana`o for teaching. That comes across in your videos. Thank you for making the effort and sharing that knowledge with the world out there.

Mahalo nui loa.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

les_maverick
Lokahi

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  7:15:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit les_maverick's Homepage  Send les_maverick an AOL message  Send les_maverick a Yahoo! Message
Hi Mitch:
I am a youtube subscriber.
I love your videos.
Trying to learn this song
Thanks
Les
Youtube: les95129
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  8:09:24 PM  Show Profile
Mitch is bringing The Southern California Slack Key Festival to Redondo Beach Sunday Jan 20th. Thank you, Mitch!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000